Trimming small bugs away late into flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhonarox

Reaction score
I've been trimming the girls day by day, not too much in one go. A few of my plants have been very stubborn with training and the stalks just not very flexible and easily snapped. So as they get closer to finish I regret not being a little more ruthless with them. It really looks like I will have some overly congested areas of small buds that wont get enough light.
I read you shouldn't trim these away after 2nd or 3rd week of flowering. I am now into the beginning of the 6th week...
If I cut a few lower small buds away now to allow better airflow and light will it be a wise move or a mistake to stress the plant this late?

Attachments

• 20200615_155519.jpg
    20200615_155519.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 17
LOL--the heading of your post says "trimming BUGS away"--I came to see how you were doing that only to find that you are talking about BUDS, not bugs.

Anyway, I'm with Buzzy. Trimming this late into flowering would be detrimental to yield. And really, the undergrowth doesn't look too dense at all--looks like a great scrog grow. But if concerned, add another fan like Buzzy suggested.

Yayayayaya,def bro,I second or I mean third the above advice, another fan and just keep the humidity below or around 55 or so.it does look great and healthy.to be honest a lil bit of defoliation of any leaves not really receiving light or yellow ones I'd pull also,I always do around end of week 2 and four.then I fall back off the stress.but it will also help with airflow and increase the light penetration.happy growing to you bro.you can check my current grow journal here it's called (Back in the saddle again) any and all questions are welcome.

LOL--the heading of your post says "trimming BUGS away"--I came to see how you were doing that only to find that you are talking about BUDS, not bugs.

Anyway, I'm with Buzzy. Trimming this late into flowering would be detrimental to yield. And really, the undergrowth doesn't look too dense at all--looks like a great scrog grow. But if concerned, add another fan like Buzzy suggested.
thanks you gave me some good advice a few years back nice to see you still here.

Latest posts

Back