Trimming water leaves 3 weeks into flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the case of taking the leaves the desired result, from what i've read and understood for myself, is to give the plant more reason than it's light cycle to believe that winter/harsh weather is coming, so it in turn steps up final production preparation and in the normal flowering time essentially is supposed to give you a stronger final product.

You don't have to cut leaves to do this, but it's just another method people use. Some blast heavy metal at plants, some chill them slightly, some cut leaves. Even give them a bit of a shake more than the fans would blow them about.

Roddy said:
Not at all, I think we share a passion! It's great to actually discuss and disagree in a friendly manner!

2 cheers for weed, if this was about booze someone would have started a real fight :p

PartyBro420 said:
but you're never going to convince the people that still do it in flower and don't come to a conclusion themselves that it doesn't work for them, or doesn't do what it's meant to.

maybe i'm crazy and just think too much about it, but it all makes sense in my head :icon_smile: quote]

83 posts and not one picture, to convince me just show some results.
Here are mine without removing fan leaves.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115648&postcount=24

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116126&postcount=38

Some blast heavy metal at plants

Mine are pre-conditioned, then LOL!! :headbang: :headbang:

I see now what you're trying to accomplish, THANKS for the reply, PB!! It may not be for me, but I now understand!

No one posted a picture in regards to it hindering either so why are you singling that out?

My first journal i removed leaves from, it turned out great except i got anxious and took them down a week too early.

2 of the 3 final plants were stunted from beginning, you can see in the first picture. They began to grow sideways so i propped them up with a small shiskabob skewer, until they became able to support themselves. All 8 were germed and planted at the same time and treated equally.

To be honest the one I cut the most off of tasted the best, whether that had anything to do with me cutting I have no idea, I would assume it didn't.

Like i already said though, I'm not advising people to trim, or to avoid trimming. It ends up being a mute point in my opinion, you lose a bit from where you trim, you gain the same amount in the rest of the plant in the end.

Do what you feel works for you until you come to the conclusion yourself that it doesn't work. That's what advice is here for, our experimentation.

Roddy said:
Some blast heavy metal at plants

Mine are pre-conditioned, then LOL!! :headbang: :headbang:

I see now what you're trying to accomplish, THANKS for the reply, PB!! It may not be for me, but I now understand!

Heh, it generally takes me a while to coherently put my point together so people can understand it.

I play classical music for mine up until the last month, then it's 3 songs on repeat "RJD - Holy Diver, Pantera - Immortally Insane, and to finish it off I like to mellow out the round with Paul McCartney - Live and Let Die"

Starts off with the epicness of Dio, followed up by a bit of brutality, finished off by some playful suspense.

Music emanating from garages and houses 24/7 have been known to draw attention from neighbors.

*Just a thought :D

OOOPs, I also removed enough to plug the potty because I ran out of room in my micro grows and thought that I needed more light deeper into the lower region. This was 4 days ago and the other leaves have done a great job filling in the extra space. I also added an additional 150 watt HPS making a total of 400 watts for 1.5' by 2' area for a few days to energize more leaf growth.

I'll keep reading and since this is my first grow, I will certainly find out how to do it better next time.

I'll keep reading and since this is my first grow, I will certainly find out how to do it better next time.

:aok: It's all about learning, and learning and....

Latest posts

Back