Trimming while growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr8trn

Reaction score
I have a question for all of you more experienced growers, I know this is going to sound dumb, but here goes, I want to know if I should actually do any trimming of my plant as it is growing, I am developing flowers finally, and a lot of them, does trimming during the flowering stage hurt the process at all? I don't want to mess up a beautiful plant, it is now almost 5 feet tall and I am not worried about the height of it, just the flowers.

Don't take off any fan leaves as they are the solar panels for the plant. They provide the plant with the energy it needs to finish. Are you under led? there is pruning during the first two weeks of flower but none after that.

When you prune it releases a hormone that makes the plant want to "heal" the injury and puts its energy to that instead of flowers... I do most all my pruning prior to flower.

I am a complete novice when it comes to growing, the plant is outdoors in just regular soil, no additives or fertilizer or anything special, I am not sure about how to prune or when to do what I have to to make it produce quality flowers.

being outdoors is one more reason to not prune it. just feed it right and don't chop any branch or leaf at all

If you are out doors and are still in veg (no flowers starting) I would take about 6 inches or so off the bottom of the plant to aid in air circulation and avoiding branches on the ground that could start powdery mildew.

We will help you, don't worry. Just let us know what you need. You could post a picture. Seems likeyou should be giving it some food if it is 5" tall. If you do post a picture we will all have lots more advice.

I am going to try and take some pictures this weekend, and will hopefully try and get them posted, as I said earlier, I haven't done anything to it, no fertilizer, or nutrients at all, thanks for the help.

Your plant needs to be fed (nutrients and fertilizer are the same thing). Some native soils are rich in organic matter, but most of them need amended and the plants need to be fed.

Get some good marijuana nutrients for it. Are you in the states and able to get amazon? There are lots of good things on amazon.

Get some good marijuana nutrients for it. Are you in the states and able to get amazon? There are lots of good things on amazon.

I agree with Rose, get her some good food and let the sun get her to her fullest potential, I'm excited for you :)

I don't live in the States, and she is in my backyard getting as much sun as possible, she gets between 9 and 12 hours of sun a day, not sure what kind of fertilizer to use. I haven't lived here that long, just a couple of years, the plant is growing in a planter box and I know they used to grow grapes in it, so I will have to see what kind of fertilizers they have here, is liquid or or spreadable fertilizer better.

Latest posts

Back