Trimming

Blackie54

Reaction score
When do trim the bods.Cut them then hang them,them trim when dryer.Or trim them first.

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
trim as soon as u cut the plant trim hang, put on screen, etc to dry

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
I do what's been said basically.

Chop branches - Trim buds up branches - Hang till there's 1) squeeze + rebound 2)Slight "crunch" when bending branch 3) Sounds crisp - After 3-10 days (depending on humidity) snip buds off branch and jar - Burp jar once a day for the first 3-4 weeks.

That's a quick run down for me. I use a 2x2x7 grow tent, with strings I've run through it to hang the branches from. I have a small fan pushing air (on low) coming from a bottom vent, and another fan on the outside of the tent pulling air from a top vent. Depending on humidity I will put those fans on timmers, but when it's real humid I run the fans 24/7. We're not talking a lot of air movement, but enough so the moisture and air in the tent isn't trapped in there.

Cheers :)

Reaction score
I find it extremely difficult to trim bud after it is dried. I noticed that you did not trim yours before you hung it. I have been forced sometimes to trim after it has dried and I absolutely hate it. It is so bad in fact, that sometimes I just give up and hash whatever is dried and not trimmed.

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
I find it extremely difficult to trim bud after it is dried. I noticed that you did not trim yours before you hung it. I have been forced sometimes to trim after it has dried and I absolutely hate it. It is so bad in fact, that sometimes I just give up and hash whatever is dried and not trimmed.
thg i have found the samething harvest only what u can trim that day or it gets to be a pain to trim

Reaction score
Yeah Kindbud--it is not uncommon for me to have a partially trimmed plant in my shower. It seems like I either get an emergency work related phone call or my old arthritic hands just start cramping up and say no more trimming today.

Reaction score
I trim absolutely every bit of leaf material off that I can. The small sugar leaves that are frosty gets saved or hash, tincture, edibles, etc. Leaf material makes the bud smoke harsh, IMO, and I like to trim as much as is possible off every bud.

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
Same hear on my private stash I do that the rest I just trim as good as I can quickly :48: Thg its not uncommon for me to have half a 10 foot plant outdoors still growing and the other half trimmed and hanging lol I never take a whole plant if it's a big girl I take a few branches do Em and come back and get more never know what kind of interruptions can happen so cut what u can trim