Trouble germinating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I have one seed in a rapid rooter plug under a cfl sixty watt after two days the shell opened and I could see what looks like it starting to sprout it has a small stem pushing out I went and sprayed it with water on the plug soaking it with like two sprays just to keep it moist well that was three days ago it has not grown since almost like it just froze I am not sure if I killed it or if I should wait it out was my last seed aside from bag weed seeds I got from a friend what can I do any suggestions

hows your temps? could be too cold

chlorine is very harmful to seedlings, make sure you use water that has been left out for 24hrs, preferably with a ph of 7.

Might not be the chlorine, I never leave my water to sit, straight from the tap, same with watering. Might just be a weak seedling.

I got it indoor temp in side around seventy but it is on the floor that's a bit cooler as for ph I have not checked and it is straight tap but I also soaked the rooter plugs it tap water before placing in a cup with hydro pebbles around the plug. I am unsure what to do the plug is starting to dry and it's still looking the same as the day I sprayed it with water I think I killed it

How bout you water the cube but not mist the plant... Good luck Skullcandy.

It could be water, water is vastly different depending on where u are. But it also could easily be just a week seed.

I use grow plugs, I like them and and I have never failed to germ using them. I just soak them in distilled water @ pH= 6.0, squeeze them out, drop in a seed, place in a Dixie cup, cover with saran wrap and a rubber band, pop a small hole in the top and put on my fridge top. 2-3 days later it's time to plant. But like everyone here has said, it's temps, genetics's or too much water....people tend to accidentally drown their seeds, the grow plugs need to be damp, not wet...they hold alot of water. Cheer's hopefully that was helpful.

Try moving it off the floor to some place around 75 to 80 degrees. Make a dome like Kravenhead said, I will use a clear dixie cup on some weak seedlings and it seems to help. Might just be the temp.

That's some helpful info thanks I Will give them all a try I hope I can save it

It's been six days since I took it her off the floor and put her on top the fridge she still has not germinated I am about ready to give up and toss it in the trash I am thinking I should have put it up there since the bugging I killed it I fell disappointed guess I will have to get some fresh seeds

It's been six days since I took it her off the floor and put her on top the fridge she still has not germinated I am about ready to give up and toss it in the trash I am thinking I should have put it up there since the bugging I killed it I fell disappointed guess I will have to get some fresh seeds

Skull, do not get dishearten, we all started out just the same as you....I myself have drown my share of seeds. See if you can watch a few youtube video's of people germing seeds, theirs tons of them out there so you can see better what your not doing correctly, it will help to just see a few different methods.

Your right kravenhead I did wait it out and when I did finally toss it I saw it was the same size as it was the day I sprayed it with most time just topping out the shell my guess it the spray was cold and shocked it or mybe I did not wash the soap out the bottle properly and that shun the seed not but either way I hope to be getting a few more seeds hopefully in time for outside grow

Latest posts

Back