true false

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
i read that keeping a plant that is in flowering in the dark for an extra 24 hours for one day will increase bud growth. true or false?

That's not true. What it will do is cause the stems to stretch which people often think is growth. But it doesn't help the buds get bigger. A healthy and happy plant makes buds get bigger :)

Its is false, i have done it many times, not because i wanted to but because work or life interrupted a harvest and i never saw a difference in anyway.

Most White Widow seed descriptions say to put the plants in total darkness for the last TWO WEEKS! I have never understood this crazy suggestion, and never cared to gamble giving it a try. Anyone else ever notice the 2 week recommendation?

When they look good and ready, thats when I chop em, sometimes even with the lights on! :D

False.

There is no way that anyone can make me believe that 2 weeks of total darkness will improved anything on a plant. I would need some controlled scientific studies to believe that anything at all beneficial could happen with that practice. From a botany and biological standpoint, it makes no sense at all.

2 weeks?
no never heard of that one before.
heard many say dark a few days before harvest though.. don't think it does much myself.

What a dark period will also do for the buds in the last days is cause them to swell with moisture. But that is not really helpful as you will then harvest and DRY them where the buds will shrink back down to normal size.

Just as false as watering with grape soda will make the buds taste like grape.

Just as false as watering with grape soda will make the buds taste like grape.

LOL--I remember that Hick always used to say that if bud picked up the taste of what it was watered with, his would taste like bat poo....I sure do miss that old guy!

Sounds like you are asking for possible mold growth after an otherwise successful grow!! I can see a night or two topping off some maturing trechs, but not that long.

What is Brawndo??

Sounds like you are asking for possible mold growth after an otherwise successful grow!! I can see a night or two topping off some maturing trechs, but not that long.

What is Brawndo??

Lol, it's what plants crave!!!

Latest posts

Back