Tryin' to grow pounds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westcoast547

Reaction score
I am a growsite provider for 4 OMMP patients in Oregon. 4 is the maximum amount of patients a grower can have here. I am legally allowed to have 1.5 pounds of dry herb for each patient. So I wanna harvest 6 pounds a month. The law here allows 18 "seedlings" (anything not budding and anything under 12 inches) per patient. And 6 "mature" plants (the exact opposite of a seedling) per patient. So I wanna bud 24 plants, sea of green, and harvest 3 a week for two months. Because the strains have an 8 week flowering time. That way by the time I harvest the last 3 plants from the 1st batch, 2 months would have gone by and the 2nd batch of 24 plants will ready to harvest. Doing it the same way, harvesting 3 per week so all the plants finish their 8 week flowering time. I figure that if each plant was 10 inches wide and 2 inches apart then I would need a 2'10"x7'10" space. Which is perfect because I have a 5'x10' workshop in my basement with a door that can lock, and I can just buy a 4'x8' tray (ebb and flow flood table style), a couple of water pumps, a timer, and a resevoir and tubes. Parts that I can get cheaper if I went to home depot and a fish aquarium store. I am gonna use 24 large rockwool cubes in a 4'x8' tray. I already have 2 brand new 1000w hps lights with hoods. The rectangle kind with glass plates. I have two 6 inch fans that fit into the hoods for the lights. And I have 2 multi-volt ballasts and a 6 inch carbon filter. I have 12 seeds each of "The Purps" and "Blue Buddah". I am gonna keep only 1 mother of only 1 kind until the mother gets really old and thick stem. Then I will switch the dank up. And I will induce flowering at hight of 12 inches. So the plants will finish pretty tall. Well, you know the strains, the setup, and the laws. Is it a good enough setup to harvest 6 pounds a month, or what? That's if I can get 8 oz per plant. But even if I **** and get 2 oz a plant, thats 3 pounds a month, right? I ain't playin' here. I'll know the answer 6 months (at the end of harvest for 1st batch) after I plant my first seed. But if you really know what you are doing and know what you are talking about, then let me know what you think.

Easy math man. It's all here already.

Each of the people you grow for is going to smoke a pound and a half of weed each month?

With the strength of weed that is possible to grow today, that's enough for 30 people.

I think you're going to have weed falling out of your butt man. You might want to think smaller.

I've never heard of ANYONE smoking a pound and a half of weed in a month. If you did that with my weed, you'd be a zombie 24/7. I don't even think it's possible.

Unless you're just using the "growing for others" as an excuse to grow weed and sell it.

I've known serious weed smokers that couldn't smoke an ounce a week by themselves. I'm talking about today's inside grown weed, not the brown junk from the street.

I guess what I'm asking is what in the heck are you going to do with that much weed? No 4 people on the planet can smoke that much.

The law won't let you keep it on hand.

i think that you think your a good grower, am i right? well ive been on this site for over a year now, and couldnt possibly think i can grow that much, nor could i smoke that much in a month. think smaller, what your proposing is for the pros, who have 20 yrs on you mate................ rethink. and can you grow for some1 else, legally i mean? is that not intent to supply? and i dont htink this site condones dealers, just just my thoughts on you "trying to grow pounds"

85C

85cannabliss said:
i think that you think your a good grower, am i right? well ive been on this site for over a year now, and couldnt possibly think i can grow that much, nor could i smoke that much in a month. think smaller, what your proposing is for the pros, who have 20 yrs on you mate................ rethink. and can you grow for some1 else, legally i mean? is that not intent to supply? and i dont htink this site condones dealers, just just my thoughts on you "trying to grow pounds"

85C
ahh in his post he said hes got a licence to grow for med patients

I smoke an OZ aweek and people have said thats alot, but would I ever love to try and smoke 1.5LB in a month that would be one hell of a month!LOL But hey if anyone wants to give me 1.5LB's I will certainly try PP

Yea not to be a negative nancy but this just sounds like alot of Talk. and lol your never going to get 6 ounces off a plant in 8 weeks of buddding.

your never going to get 6 ounces off a plant in 8 weeks of buddding.
"How much", is certainly more relative to vegging time, but has 'little to nothing' to do with flowering time. When the're done, they're done. 8 weeks or 14 weeks.. eg an 8 week strain, isn't going to produce more, by flowering it for 10 weeks.. IMO.
But, I agree, 2-4 oz per/p, under a progressive/continuos harvest, is more realistic, and should provide "more than" a sufficient supply for 4 med users.

Sounds like You have got some high expectations! 8 oz's off a plant that is 12" tall going into flower? What u are guessing at getting here is impossible. Yeah that's right impossible. Are u running co2? A good grower can get 2 pounds per light (1000 watteres) in optimum conditions after an 8 week flower cycle. So for u having 2 1000 watt lights, that would be 4 lbs every 2 months. And u are expecting 12 lbs every 2 months?! My guess would be that if u are not running co2, and vegging for only a month, 2 oz's per plant. Maybe less. Thats just one mans opinion here, trying to be realistic. :p

1.5 pounds = 22.4 grams for 30 days

Over 3/4 of an once a day, were these "med patients" in a train wreck? :rolleyes:

I know... this sounds a lil much lol. If ur gonna be growin some DANK buds like WW or somethin... i mean like that stuff is one hitter quitter XD your "medical patients" will achieve nothing smoking 1.5 pounds a month but black lungs :)

Growdude said:
1.5 pounds = 22.4 grams for 30 days

Over 3/4 of an once a day, were these "med patients" in a train wreck? :rolleyes:

DUDE! You smoke 3/4 of an oz of MY weed in one day? You'd have to have it hooked up to an IV, cause after the first hour, you'll be unconscious...hahahahahaha, and I'd have a half hour of sleep on ya!

Now, that old Mexican Dirt Weed I used to get back then....you could smoke an oz of that crap in a day. You'd get a terrible sore throat and a pretty good high.

Oh, the good ole days!

POTUS said:
DUDE! You smoke 3/4 of an oz of MY weed in one day? You'd have to have it hooked up to an IV, cause after the first hour, you'll be unconscious...hahahahahaha, and I'd have a half hour of sleep on ya!

Now, that old Mexican Dirt Weed I used to get back then....you could smoke an oz of that crap in a day. You'd get a terrible sore throat and a pretty good high.

Oh, the good ole days!

Only showing the math behind it, not claiming I smoke that much.
No way is that possible with my smoke as well.

POTUS said:
DUDE! You smoke 3/4 of an oz of MY weed in one day? You'd have to have it hooked up to an IV, cause after the first hour, you'll be unconscious...hahahahahaha

Hook me up and hang the bag im ready :D. I think hes saying that in the 2 months off his "patients" will have each used up the 1.5lb, still no small task but pheasable @ smoking a QP a week :rofl: :stoned: Realisticly though for any of us to say a plant that is vegged for a month will get about a foot and then up to 3 during flower may bring a good yield of 2-4 oz per plant (my satori put off 227gms wet @ just over 3 ft) and if i had 8 of the same yielding plant thats still 1816gms,(just under)65 oz wet, or just over 4 Lbs wet. drying weights would be more along the lines of just under 1.5 Lbs.

Hay! i want to grow pounds too.... But its all for me, no patients. But i do have a lot of friends... LOL

Crazy Horse said:
Sounds like You have got some high expectations! 8 oz's off a plant that is 12" tall going into flower? What u are guessing at getting here is impossible. Yeah that's right impossible. Are u running co2? A good grower can get 2 pounds per light (1000 watteres) in optimum conditions after an 8 week flower cycle. So for u having 2 1000 watt lights, that would be 4 lbs every 2 months. And u are expecting 12 lbs every 2 months?! My guess would be that if u are not running co2, and vegging for only a month, 2 oz's per plant. Maybe less. Thats just one mans opinion here, trying to be realistic. :p

This man speaks truth. And hitting 2 lbs per thousand is very difficult to do, and damn near impossible to repeat consistantly.

ok,

lots of watts (ALOT), lots of ventilation and co2, DWC, killer genetics, killer grow skills and alot of TLC and some time.

id get busy on the grow guides and threads here- check my link in my sig "the link to read". that will get you started.

also check the search feature here- click it on the sites toolbar, clicked advanced search and then you can search either entire threads or titles only for any other ?'s you might have.

and heres some goodluck, you will need it.

POTUS said:

Oh, the good ole days!
ill bet you anything at all i can easily smoke a 1/2 oz of YOUR weed in less than 4 hrs ill bet you anything.and then ill smoke the other half after a short rest. just saying you think your **** is that good i challange you. lay a ounce on me and you will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back