Trying Soil... Is This Good Stuff ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nouvellechef said:
It will take months to break down. So no. When your plant needs it, it won't be available. Or I should say the soil needs it :)
OK OK...I see... Ummm.. What If I make it really fine like this ???:hubba:
L3-750.jpg

nouvellechef said:
Oh yeah. All good.
Very Cool... Thx Nouvelle.
I had a small handheld coffee grinder I never use... Until now :D
G1.jpg

Im gonna mix some soil here in a bit after dinner, and do some transplants.
I will update in my Party Cup Journal, as the transplants will be 2 of the 6 I have in the cups currently.

tcbud said:
I personally have used straight FF Ocean Forest. This year, I have amended last years soil (adding lime and perlite, and nothing else), and am not buying new. I understand adding perlite to your new soil, but why do you feel you need to add lime? I found lots of adult worms in last years soil, Im hoping the lime does not bother them.

Im with the guys above though on the OF being a bit hot for seedlings. You may notice brown patches on your young plants/seedlings from over nuting (you may or may not) when using straight OF for them.

TC, the worms will love the lime. I add it to my worm bedding for the pH and the worms love the calcium from it.

The OF seems to run out of the lime that's in there in flowering, from what I've noticed reading about problems with it.

I make my own mix and have never bought a bagged soil.

For the OP, in addition to grinding that stuff up, leave some granule's intact IF you plan on recycling the soil. They kick in about the time the powdered gets depleted. *I* use the normal amount of powdered (1cup/cf), and about 1/2 again as much of the pellets. Works fine.

It's hard to over apply lime, but you can sure under apply it.:hubba:

Wet

Latest posts

Back