Tryna grow my first plant. Need help lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glory--Welcome to MP !-- Growing weed is so simple - it's complicated-- I assume U want to grow inside ?-- You'll need lights and climate control (ac) - I'm in the south - it can get hot here -- U need a fan - depending on where U are U may need a carbon air filter to help control the smell of weed -- I'm a water pharmer U need to decide How U wanna grow and what kind of grow medium -- all dirt isn't pot growing dirt -- The set up and running lights can get expensive -- If I where U I would start with good quality seed - U can go to Leafly.com or Seedfinders.com - There's probably 16,000 varieties listed and where to get them - A fast finishing Indica may be best or an auto flowering variety -I'm a cloner so I perfer my indicas - U can't clone autos -- Do a lot of reading on the site many of the questions U will have are probably covered somewhere here !-- Good Luck to U !

I need help family my seedlings are about to die.
I have been using tap water to water them.I bought 2 led plant lights from Walmart. I planted them on 2/4/20 and here we are 2/16/20. Should I give them nutrients? Should I start over? Can they be saved lol?

Tell us more Rusty....Need more info to help bro.

I’m
Glory--Welcome to MP !-- Growing weed is so simple - it's complicated-- I assume U want to grow inside ?-- You'll need lights and climate control (ac) - I'm in the south - it can get hot here -- U need a fan - depending on where U are U may need a carbon air filter to help control the smell of weed -- I'm a water pharmer U need to decide How U wanna grow and what kind of grow medium -- all dirt isn't pot growing dirt -- The set up and running lights can get expensive -- If I where U I would start with good quality seed - U can go to Leafly.com or Seedfinders.com - There's probably 16,000 varieties listed and where to get them - A fast finishing Indica may be best or an auto flowering variety -I'm a cloner so I perfer my indicas - U can't clone autos -- Do a lot of reading on the site many of the questions U will have are probably covered somewhere here !-- Good Luck to U !

I wanted to grow in dirt. Thanks for all this good information.

56DA80E5-A9D9-4101-BFA1-FD609C1A8A55.jpeg 56DA80E5-A9D9-4101-BFA1-FD609C1A8A55.jpeg 496791AE-32B3-4A8C-A68E-38E2F2AC64B9.jpeg 0CDCB79C-63D6-4F25-9CCB-2715CC8CC321.jpeg
B69B6212-1E94-42CC-B410-4B5E816D6052.jpeg
56DA80E5-A9D9-4101-BFA1-FD609C1A8A55.jpeg
496791AE-32B3-4A8C-A68E-38E2F2AC64B9.jpeg
0CDCB79C-63D6-4F25-9CCB-2715CC8CC321.jpeg
B69B6212-1E94-42CC-B410-4B5E816D6052.jpeg
56DA80E5-A9D9-4101-BFA1-FD609C1A8A55.jpeg
0CDCB79C-63D6-4F25-9CCB-2715CC8CC321.jpeg

Glory if U in the city or use city water U might consider another source !- The chlorine and stuff they put in city water is not that good for growing weed !- It's a fragile time for plants - U might want to put some kind of clear dome over them too !- Easy for babies to dry out in low humidity !- Keep at it !- If U ain't messing up some U not learning !

Welcome, Gloryusty.

I keep a jug of tap water and a plant sprayer. In 24 hrs, the chlorine evaporates out, mostly. Then it's better for pot. A best choice might be distilled water. pH is neutral. Overwatering is where most people kill seedlings. A dome, lid, or even saran wrap can give you a humid grow environment. Air out a few times a day helps prevent mold. Use a sprayer to water, spraying leaves and the inside of the plastic, when you replace the cover.

This is called folar spraying and nurtures fragile plants. This skill will save you time and again as you learn more. Later when you practice cloning, getting new plants growing without having to buy seeds, float spray will improve your skill.

You are doing ok it looks like. In a couple weeks,but gets much easier.

I would avoid spraying the seedlings. Spraying with water alone can be a reverse of foliar feeding and actually remove nutrients. I agree with Dax about a dome or Saran Wrap to keep a humid mini environment though as well as the tap water ‘rest’ period. Distilled or RO will not give your plants calcium/magnesium which they need. Read a lot on this forum to educate yourself. If you don’t find the answers you need, ask. There are some real experts here that are happy to help(I am no expert but know a little bit). Start a grow journal on here to help track what is going on. I look back at my previous journals for reference from time to time. As Dax wrote, it looks like you are doing fine so far.

I looked more closely at your plants. I did not see the second pair of serrated leaves. The general rule is that on the round leaves, the seedling is pulling the nutrients it needs from the seed. After the real leaves, (the second pair) the plant is pulling food via roots or a dilute feed mixed into the spray. If thats too much info for now, just forget my post and go with OldFogey8. Just go light on feeding. the mixtures on Cannabis specific nutrition bottles can be too strong for little plants. i like 1/4 strength to start.

Latest posts

Back