tupping? more than once?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutthoatish420

Reaction score
i just read a bunch of stuff on topping i think im ready i jus had 1 more question. Can u do it mor than once? if so how long or how much growth should i wait for to top again? i also reado something kinda like topping where u just snap the top part of ur plant and leave it connected and it grows 3 tops is this tru? thnx in advanced

cutthoatish420 said:
i just read a bunch of stuff on topping i think im ready i jus had 1 more question. Can u do it mor than once? if so how long or how much growth should i wait for to top again? i also reado something kinda like topping where u just snap the top part of ur plant and leave it connected and it grows 3 tops is this tru? thnx in advanced

Pinching stems is an example of low stress training. When you pinch a stem the plant devotes growth to other areas. This way you can have lower branches on the plant reaching as high as the main stalk. Cutting off the top(s) of the main stalk or branches is an example of high stress training and has the same effect but the plant obviously does not recover where you cut off the stem instead of just pinching it. I start pinching stems and branches when I have at least three sets of nodes and I would not top before having at least three nodes either. You can pinch and top a plant all you want but I do not like to top or pinch stems in the last week of veg before flower.

-SSF-

sensi star im srry bro
but your wrong
"suppercropping" or pinching as you call it
is a HIGH! stress training
along with topping

low stress is when you use strings or weights to hold
a certain part of the plant down lower
making the lower branches think they have become the new top
hope this helps

and imho and experience
topping too many times causes lots of stress on plants
so much you could ruin the quality of your medicine.
if you were a plant you wouldnt want people cutting your tops

Maybe this will help with the confusion...a very good thread on LST and HST>>> growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/239248#239248

Latest posts

Back