Turkeys Skunk #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey TN...

Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope things turned out well in the end. Did you figure out what was going on? I am constantly amazed at how a deficiency in just one area can mess up a plant. I always look at environmental factors including but not exclusive to nutes.

I did see how the tips looked burnt and for me that usually means overnuting.

Anyways, best of luck!

Sorry guys...Ive been crazy busy lately... The Sick skunk is starting to take off after A transplant into the Miricle Gro 'Organic Choice' w/ about 30% Perlite and rocks for drainage... The other HEALTHY Skunk has produced 5 healthy clones which were rooted in soil with GreenLite Rooting Hormone, The plan was to flower 8 to 10 single cola clones to accomplish a SOG....

I'll Have pictures up soon. Thanks for all the replies...

mmmmm skunk
i think everybody likes that smell lol.i love driveing down the road and smell skunk.my buddie had some skunk bud he got from a guy who grow it.the stuff stunk up the truck from his pocket.i asked him if he hit one,he pulld out his bag mmmmmm awsome stuff great high and tasty

okay...Everything is going good with the two mothers. The clones in soil were cut mid to late November, the leaves are yellowing with absolutely no new growth whatsoever, I assumed they were hungry so I started feeding them a very mild 5-1-1 two weeks ago today...No visible progress there.

After my troubles with soil I plan to convert my flower room to hydro, I have no experience with this so it will be awkward at first but I'll be able to squeeze more clones in the SOG...which means more bud, in less time.:D

In the pictures below you can see that the yellowing has stopped in the two mothers, In the first pic the left mother was the sick skunk from my prior post.
The last picture is a single 1 quart cloner that I put together last week, I built a single cloner to experiment with before I build the real deal which Im in the process of constructing right now..... Enjoy the pictures and STAY TUNED.:ccc:

SK1.jpg

sk2.jpg

sk3.jpg

sk4.jpg

bubbler.jpg

Everything is looking great TURKEYNECK. Where have you been hiding mang?

Looking great! What did you do to make the cloner?

why do u tie the plants down like that? what does that do for them?

thedutchmaster3 said:
why do u tie the plants down like that? what does that do for them?

It's called Low Stress Training, or LST. It is a way to make the plants bushier and basically create more colas.

Fluid1 said:
It's called Low Stress Training, or LST. It is a way to make the plants bushier and basically create more colas.

Yessireee, boy hidee. If you've never LSTd with magic pipe cleaners, then you owe it to yourself to try them. I stumbled onto them and they work the EASIEST of any LST method I've tried. I use the long ones -12." You can get them in fabrics and crafts at Wallys. Drill a few hole at the top edge of the pot and you'll be amazed at how easy they work.

Hey T-Neck, you good-lookin' sumbitch. I ain't run across your skunk scent for some time now. How ya' been? Looks like we're still in the same bizness, growin' reefer. I gotta tell you, I've been having some good skunk smoke with my Blue Mystic. I'm entering my 2nd year of growing and the results are steadily improving. I'm veg'ing a Female Seeds Skunk Special mom over the holidays and plan to clone her. I'd love a big pile of fat skunk buds. I'd get nekkid and roll around in them. Way cool.

I hope you have a good holiday season. I'm toasting (tokin' a fatty) in your brother's memory. Best always.
Rev

Day  18 LSTd.jpg

SS Buds.jpg

TURKEYNECK said:
okay...Everything is going good with the two mothers. The clones in soil were cut mid to late November, the leaves are yellowing with absolutely no new growth whatsoever, I assumed they were hungry so I started feeding them a very mild 5-1-1 two weeks ago today...No visible progress there.

After my troubles with soil I plan to convert my flower room to hydro, I have no experience with this so it will be awkward at first but I'll be able to squeeze more clones in the SOG...which means more bud, in less time.:D

In the pictures below you can see that the yellowing has stopped in the two mothers, In the first pic the left mother was the sick skunk from my prior post.
The last picture is a single 1 quart cloner that I put together last week, I built a single cloner to experiment with before I build the real deal which Im in the process of constructing right now..... Enjoy the pictures and STAY TUNED.:ccc:
TURKEYNECK do your clones have any roots?

Thanks guys..LST is crucial when growing in a small area.
Thank you Rev...This will be our first Christmas without my brother, thats enough to make a man question his beliefs. Thanks for remembering.

Welllllllllllll...........

LST is very interesting...

I originally tried a variant of LST on my 1st grow (drilled grommets into the sides of the buckets and tied down) and used with the larger 'training sticks' when the plant was older. I have to say she turned out very large.

I think a regimen of topping to create multiple budsites is a big part of it as well. Judicious pruning and 'leafing' are other elements to consider.

I purposely train my plants in a concave fashion b/c that is the pattern of light fall off.

[pic: 4 weeks flower, single plant. LST, pruning, topping, leafing and training stix]

Big Mama flower Black-white.jpg

These poor plants have been tugged in every direction you can emagine, They love it though. It makes for a stronger more tame bush. They are growing like crazy, My home-made cloner is almost finished, I'll snap some pictures and show it off soon.

ps: Zarnon that thing looks like a monster. You give her the knife yet?

Some good info showing up here:) ...Rev, you ain't right:p , rollin' naked in skunk:D hahaha!

I noticed Turkey your using some 5-1-1? Sounds like fish ferts, yes? Try mixing in equal part seaweed or kelp extract;) , complete veg fertilizer there my freind:cool: .

hey man lookin good. i built a rubbermaid cloner too 8 of 9 rooted in 10 days. pipe cleaners are good but use what i got lying or which happened to be individual strands of cat5 wire working good so far

Elephant Man said:
Some good info showing up here:) ...Rev, you ain't right:p , rollin' naked in skunk:D hahaha!
"I ain't right?" My psychiatrist used to say the same thing before I got her to roll around nekkid in some skunk. It'll cure what ails you.

Elephant Man said:

I noticed Turkey your using some 5-1-1? Sounds like fish ferts, yes? Try mixing in equal part seaweed or kelp extract;) , complete veg fertilizer there my freind:cool: .

Alaska brand fish mud....We talked about this in the chatroom a while back...
I have no idea where to get seaweed around here though.

I can always count on the Rev!! hey who needs a tanning bed when you can just get naked and lay in the growroom!:eek:

TURKEYNECK said:
Alaska brand fish mud....We talked about this in the chatroom a while back...
I have no idea where to get seaweed around here though.

I can always count on the Rev!! hey who needs a tanning bed when you can just get naked and lay in the growroom!:eek:

I remember our chat about the fishy ferts...didn't remember if we talked about the kelp or not. Hmmm, got any molasses? Bone meal?

Latest posts

Back