Turning and Rotating Your Plants... Yes or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I have those 2 mother plants in flower and there's a ton of room to move around.

I was thinking about turning the plants around about once a week so the growth is more even on all sides.

However, pot really grows toward the light and leaving them alone (as I have done for years) really just pushes the growth toward the light.

I am wondering if rotating them might actually cause stress to the plant to have to keep changing it's direction.

Or, maybe it will just make them dizzy. LOL

Any comments on this technique?

View attachment kushmothers082014-1.jpg

I grow indoors and rotate mine 1/4 turn each day, until they get too big. Makes up for any difference in reflectivity of the walls. Sounds good anyway.

I do pull mine out and move them around every couple of weeks. That way I get a good look at what the heck they are up to now.

I don't usually have this type of luxury. With anywhere from 15 to 40 plants in this same area, having 2 plants has been a real ball. I can tend to each one so well compared to my more typical grow.

Still, I won't get 1 to 2 pounds out of this harvest like I do my typical grow from this same space, either.

Guess that's why they call it a hobby. If you did it the same every time, it would be called work. LOL

you might be surprised what you pull out 2 plants

Yea I rotate and move my plants around and notice a big difference in yield then ones I didn't move. Plus it helps me keep a eye on my plants to make sure theres no problems in the back where I can't see so good because of my krippled assness lol. And because I been wiped by mites twice so I like to take my pots out and wipe them down and mop and wipe down walls Every 5-7 days I won't have a third time lol.

you might be surprised what you pull out 2 plants

I am hoping to be surprised. The buds are growing big, fast.

Still, I am waiting for this super duper killer head buzz super weed that this stuff better be. LOL Because if it's no better than the bagseed weed I've been growing in dirt and ferting with egg shells and Miracle Grow for 40 years at about 1 tenth the cost and 1/100th of the trouble, I'm going to be pissed. LOL

OK, now, next question.... better to turn them 25 degrees every day or 180 degrees once a week? I would think a little every day would be less shock than a complete 180 once a week all at once.

I was going to go 180 once a week but I am changing my mind towards the little every day way.

Latest posts

Back