Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my co2 tanks are empty. Ughggghhhhh time for a trip to Airgas. And I'm giving up on the 20lb tanks unless they have aluminum ones. I never want to haul a steel one up two flights of stairs again, especially since I tweaked my back on Friday trying to drag a pallet with 2100lbs of sulfuric acid off the loading dock at work. Getting old is a new set of pops and creaks every week!

Here's a good one! Remember the bagseed plant that was behaving badly? Check out this deformed top bud on one of the cuttings, the one I thought was trying to autoflower. The side buds are fugly too, but not as extreme yet. The plant I took this cut from is actually coming out quite lovely, compact and skunky with small, dark, leathery leaves. I must have chemically mangled this clone somehow, but nothing else is doing this. Thought I'd share with you fine folks. Looks like CK420's pictures but without a color altering filter lol
View attachment 256901
That interference pattern from your hps can be eliminated if you take your picture through a polarized sunglass lense....if you care to get rid of those pesky lines.

Go to a 3D movie and borrow a pair of the glasses. They are polarized if I am not mistaken...

The newest Star Wars is out in IMAX 3D. Haven’t seen it yet but a 3D movie with a good buzz equals good fun

Saw it. Very disappointed. I'd give it a 2. In 3D maybe a 3. Truth is Disney sucks

Bummer. I am holding out on watching the Mandalorian for that very reason. I have not seen a good Star Wars sequel in, well, maybe ever come to think of it. 3D IMAX though makes anything watchable if properly medicated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....acher-fired-after-smoking-pot-class-officials

Welp, now I've seen it all. Welcome to Massachusetts... the north shore is a weird n wild place. It's like a wealthy suburb of new hampshire.

I saw that on the news the other night. Pretty sure the offending party was looking to get fired...

Guys. Gals. DUDE.
I just gotta vent here for a sec.
Most years I feel like a grudgingly, minimally, reluctantly willing participant in this whole Charlie foxtrot situation that is The Holidays.
It doesn't seem to get easier as the years go by- it just SHIFTS.
This year I'm feeling uncomfortable about putting on a happy face over my normal RBF and pretending that Australia isn't on fire, partisan extremism hasn't ruined decades of progress, both domestic and global, and that my family might finally miraculously regain more than superficial happiness sometime within the next calendar year.
Don't get me wrong, they are GOOD folks. We just missed the deadline on talking about stuff when it was still relevant, and are all stupidly suffering for it.
I'm kinda down in the dumps tonight and headed up to talk to my room of leafy therapists, who are probably thirsty by now.
This too shall pass. Today was longer than yesterday . A few more days and it will all be a wrap til next year.
I'm glad that I found you guys here. Happy holidays to all the anonymous friends here.

20191222_231856.jpg
20191222_231815.jpg
about half a dozen strains in there now; sweet cindy, skunk bagseed, church, lavender, blackberry cream ok that's 5.

Small pots resting on the dirt in large pots, it's 4ucking chaos.

They are drinking 4l per day, alternating between botanicare power flower and canna bio Flores smelly gross swamp ooze. Add some garlic and Chilies and it could pass for Malaysian street food. They got a shot of canna pk13/14 last night.

Things are about to get a bit complicated as the first cohort go on their pre harvest diet. I haven't grown the sweet Cindy previously so it's an estimate based on an 8 week expected turnaround. I should be chopping in 2-3 weeks, but the little ones still need to eat of course.

Yay perpetual grow : / the pro is having a nice spread out harvest cycle. The con is that unless you are growing a monoculture, not only do different stages in flower get different foods, but it's hard to keep track of who is in what stage! I remember one grow example way back where the gardener was running more than one strain ad perpetuum, but he had these ebb n flow pods on wheels that could progress through his physical space, each loaded with identical clones of a single mother plant, each needing a predictable reservoir recipe . Ahhh, we can all dream of having the room to do that lol!

Both my co2 tanks are empty. Ughggghhhhh time for a trip to Airgas. And I'm giving up on the 20lb tanks unless they have aluminum ones. I never want to haul a steel one up two flights of stairs again, especially since I tweaked my back on Friday trying to drag a pallet with 2100lbs of sulfuric acid off the loading dock at work. Getting old is a new set of pops and creaks every week!
tell’m where to get off...save that back, your gonna need it in your old age...

Last edited:
Guys. Gals. DUDE.
I just gotta vent here for a sec.
Most years I feel like a grudgingly, minimally, reluctantly willing participant in this whole Charlie foxtrot situation that is The Holidays.
It doesn't seem to get easier as the years go by- it just SHIFTS.
This year I'm feeling uncomfortable about putting on a happy face over my normal RBF and pretending that Australia isn't on fire, partisan extremism hasn't ruined decades of progress, both domestic and global, and that my family might finally miraculously regain more than superficial happiness sometime within the next calendar year.
Don't get me wrong, they are GOOD folks. We just missed the deadline on talking about stuff when it was still relevant, and are all stupidly suffering for it.
I'm kinda down in the dumps tonight and headed up to talk to my room of leafy therapists, who are probably thirsty by now.
This too shall pass. Today was longer than yesterday . A few more days and it will all be a wrap til next year.
I'm glad that I found you guys here. Happy holidays to all the anonymous friends here.

I have had frank discussions with family around the holidays(as I am sure we all have) and I prefer the superficially-happy-everything-is-fine gatherings to the bitter discussions of what is wrong in the world now. I only see family a few times a year and you never know when the next gathering is going to be with one less person so I prefer to try to speak about happy times and reminisce about the good memories. There is always time to download my frustration and anger by talking with my dog or plants. They both listen really well and tend to see things from my point of view... ;)

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza or happy whatever other holiday you all suffer, er, I mean celebrate to all of you here. Have a safe but fun time...

Fogey I totally agree. Our problem that SOMEONE will always bring up a snarky comment or prying question , or worse, want to have A Talk, and it is the conversational equivalent waltzing with a porcupine. When it goes off the rails, it's BAD, and I went totally no contact with one side of the family for almost a year after the Worst Christmas Ever. We're "fine" now, meaning that we still haven't worked out our 5h1t, but most of us are getting slightly better at pretending. :)

Fogey I totally agree. Our problem that SOMEONE will always bring up a snarky comment or prying question , or worse, want to have A Talk, and it is the conversational equivalent waltzing with a porcupine. When it goes off the rails, it's BAD, and I we
I just had to go to west virginia last week to bury my dad...my religious family there only wanted to tell me how i need to be "saved". I was in no mood for fairy tales. I let loose with a patented lesso tirade and now no one wants to see me anymore. I can keep my atheism to myself under most circumstances, but read the room people. Family only want you to follow their traditions, politics, or dogmas. They can keep it.

Im sorry Lesso. And the dogma thing is part of it. I was raised Unitarian Universalist, which is pretty laid back and chill, agnosticism is not incompatible, and I am comfortable with it, but a parent converted to Greek Orthodox and got really pushy about converting me and my brother like, whut? STOP. Just no. We're adults and can make our own choices. Why does it matter if you hopped on a different churchy bandwagon, we aren't all obligated to join you, we both said shove it, and that doesn't mean surreptitiously pushing it any chance ya get, and getting irritated when no one can remember or pronounce the words to oddly specific meal blessings we don't even believe in lol. every year I'm tempted to give a Hebrew one which I CAN remember, just to see if they notice
Time to go make pancakes!

I grew up Presbyterian which is also very laid back. At one point though, my mom went off the rails and joined something called Re-evaluation Counseling which was essentially a cult started by Harvey Jackins who was in on the whole Dianetics thing early on when L Ron Hubbard was crafting his fairy tale. RC was the biggest scam around and both my sister and I rebelled hard against it culminating in me telling one of the head adults to f’ing suck my , er, lollipop then punching out his kid when I was 10 years old. After that I was no longer allowed to play in their reindeer games. I wish I believed but nothing I have experienced lends any credence to religions. I am happy for folks who do believe and happy for them to celebrate and wish me good stuff from their creator. Just don’t want to be indoctrinated.

I just had to go to west virginia last week to bury my dad...my religious family there only wanted to tell me how i need to be "saved". I was in no mood for fairy tales. I let loose with a patented lesso tirade and now no one wants to see me anymore. I can keep my atheism to myself under most circumstances, but read the room people. Family only want you to follow their traditions, politics, or dogmas. They can keep it.

Sorry for your loss...

I don't see my family for holidays because of the distance, but we don't get along anyway. My BIL would make an excuse to borrow something and come over my house to get high before we went to my sister's.

When people try to foist religion or related beliefs on others it is the absolute PITS!

On a silly note, I just discovered I OWN my tanks outright and on the swap I got someone else's crusty grow gas tank... Welcome to 2019 where we have dropped ALL pretense and no one is like um dude it's for a kegerator. A really big one bro.
I find this funny.
20191223_140323.jpg

Last edited:
I grew up southern baptist, just about as hardcore as any denomination...when I moved out from home was about the last time I attended a church for anything other than a wedding or a funeral...my ex was into it but I was not...now twenty years later I still get along with her and she has mellowed some in that regard...only one of my three sisters still goes to church. All of them live away from me so we don’t see each other for the holidays and that’s ok, we see each other as often as we have the chance...so we don’t talk politics or religion...we play games and make food and try to stay medicated...

Latest posts

Back