Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More stuff came out from the rack under flourescents. 58 days on this group.
Sweet Cindy (cut from #4)- very vertical, high calyx to leaf, conical ping pong buds, sweet smell.
The church- spidery like the lavender but a bit more upright. Hard to trim but promising.
BlackBerry Cream - already smells as described... nice looking nuggets.
20200112_183342.jpg
20200112_183357.jpg
20200112_183535.jpg
20200112_183557.jpg
20200112_184018.jpg
20200112_184036.jpg

First 2 seed mother sweet Cindy are down, rough trimmed, and hanging. One SUCKS. Super wispy. Some outdoor grower battling mold would adore it, but I have to pay by the kWh so I'm giving my backup mom to an outdoor grower.
The other is a different story. Chunky, flat topped colas with great density and pretty lavender underleaves. Hints on the calyxes too. This is #8 and may be my keeper. There are two more to come down and this wasn't the biggest, most impressive plant, but she sho' smell nice.
Pics! The skinny pointy one is #7 and getting culled.
20200113_210539.jpg

Head nugs off the 2 lowest main branches. Probably could have gone longer than 64 days but I like a bit of zip in my buzz. Nice hints of color, sorry yes I know this is a horrific trim, the plant was pretty wilty when I chopped, I'll tidy up a bit as it gets closer to jarring.
20200113_212947.jpg

Next up, time to clean out the veg room. I'm completely out of space.
This is umbra's lemons and grapes and a couple sweet Cindy backups to the left, church and blackberry up in the top left corner, black Indica and a few randos in the center (one each of girl scout cookies, blue monster, c4 cbd, and Jupiter CBD all s1 or f1 except the monster) and to the lower right some of umbra's BPUX which are looking a bit peeved peeping out from under a t5, and need to move to a better spot. Rooted cuts are semi homeless up top waiting for something to happen.
20200113_202825.jpg
20200113_202803.jpg
20200113_202726.jpg

I'm old school. And im a career lab rat trained by ancient doddering half retired chemistry professors. I like paper logbooks. Its a Thing. ; )

Edit: think Hogwarts, but without the mystical bit. Lots of dust, tho. And 40 pound books. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater is good for a trip to the ER with back spasms. And it gets fatter each printing.

Last edited:
Scissors haaaaaash, i am singing my happy song of finally got that sticky gunk off my fresh manicure and can have some haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash!!!!
Ahh. It's such a treat.
Edit: I'm not smoking the fingernail hash i reread that and it sounds bad. It got scrubbed off with Mrs Meyers and a stiff brush and went down the drain to get the MWTF bacteria high. Hi guys!
20200113_234438.jpg

Welp, it's not even 6pm and I'm goofy off the scissors hash, and need to share my dirtiest secret: I'm hooked on guacachips and when the munchies strike, I will happily stuff them in my face like a chipmunk hoarding nuts. Only thing is... the blue food coloring um... doesn't actually break down from stomach acid... and there's a lot of it in there apparently, so yeah. Delicious, nutritious, and ohhey! Smurf poops?! Dafuquat!!!???
So I've got that to look forward to.
How's YOUR Tuesday lol?
20200114_180728.jpg
20200114_175836.jpg

Took down the third of 4 sweet Cindy at 67 days. Again, could have gone longer. This was the one that shot up sky high and gave me fits trying to keep her off the sodium bulb. And its been so warm here, in massachusetts, in the middle of January when its meant to be single digits overnight, that ive had 91' temp readings-past where co2 can compensate for heat! Shockingly, I found zero male flowers on a very heat stressed plant... she made it to harvest quite a bit worse for the wear, but you'd never know it once trimmed. Seed mother #4.
The short bubblegum pheno is still standing. I'm gonna get her Sunday I think. And that will be that for this round of paring down a breeder pack of seeds!
20200115_192059.jpg
20200115_195153.jpg
20200115_195428.jpg
20200115_202601.jpg

Also tonight is a Big Night in the history of Stinky Growing Pot In Her Attic:
I have officially retired the last HID lamp in my flower room. And by that I mean that I'm PRETTY SURE it has paid itself off and then some... thing was ancient. A classic! I have thanked it for its service, as Marie Kondo encourages us to do with objects that have outlived their utility. How many of you had one of these ancient hydrofarm hoods (and how long ago did you send them for recycling lol)? I'm not ready to toss it entirely; it's rather sentimental at this point (spoken like a true hoarder!) But it has a place of honor amongst the holiday decorations lol.
My new spiderfarmer2000 thudded down on the front porch today and I am now HID -free. * Ironically I still swear by T5s for both running lots of small plants for whatever reason, with minimal headaches, and for just having a good backup source of light to maintain photoperiod when you gotta kill the mains on a hundred degree day that only faded into an 85 degree night.
Things are changing and my Luddite butt is slowly dragging itself into the future ; )
20200115_192843.jpg
20200115_194350.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back