Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
* ok i need to clarify. My flower room is HID free. Still running a full combo of like, everything, in veg. Mh400, t5s, cheapo daylight LED, LED shop lights, and blurples, depending upon application. Its a wreck. Sue me when i have more assets.

Edit: the Midcentury pendant is and has never been part of my grow lighting lol that's going in the upstairs bathroom if I renovate it rather than turn it into a Veg Annex.

Took down the third of 4 sweet Cindy at 67 days. Again, could have gone longer. This was the one that shot up sky high and gave me fits trying to keep her off the sodium bulb. And its been so warm here, in massachusetts, in the middle of January when its meant to be single digits overnight, that ive had 91' temp readings-past where co2 can compensate for heat! Shockingly, I found zero male flowers on a very heat stressed plant... she made it to harvest quite a bit worse for the wear, but you'd never know it once trimmed. Seed mother #4.
The short bubblegum pheno is still standing. I'm gonna get her Sunday I think. And that will be that for this round of paring down a breeder pack of seeds!
View attachment 258067 View attachment 258068 View attachment 258069 View attachment 258070

Seeing those buds makes me realize I have no idea what I am doing...

Neither do I, and I've been doing it since I was a dumb twentysomething. I still feel a sense of wonder (and relief!) when I take down a meaty plant. There's always more to learn and it's easy to become impatient with what you perceive as your own shortcomings. I've totally spent years tearing my hair out that things never came out like the breeder pictures lol. I look at it like the impact of cultural ideals of what women should look like and how we still beat ourselves up for failing at someone else's idea of perfection.
You can pull off an indoor crop quite respectably!!! Let yourself grow however you're comfortable ; )
Trust your instincts and the wisdom of your friends.

lol. magic... abra cadabra, poof, oops, boom, uh, get the fire extinguisher!!!

Oh yeah !- Fat bottom girls for sure !-- I'm running his Sunset Sherbert -x-BOG and Sundae Driver -x-BOG - Lots of Indica off in them girls !

I can't wait! I have 4 good sized grapes that have already shown female preflowers, and I've already backed them up with healthy rooted cuts, so all I need is space under the Big light! Couple more days and in they go!

Grapes are in. The countdown to ecstasy is on ; )
Gotta grab some more dirt this weekend and put them in 3gal rose pots. They're pretty rootbound.
20200116_185250.jpg

Neither do I, and I've been doing it since I was a dumb twentysomething. I still feel a sense of wonder (and relief!) when I take down a meaty plant. There's always more to learn and it's easy to become impatient with what you perceive as your own shortcomings.
When I was younger I thought I knew everything. Now that I am older I realize I know nothing. There is always more to learn no matter what your gardening skill level is. :)

Backup cuts of triple grape are in the middle here, these are the new moms.
The triple lemon didn't sprout all that well for me unfortunately and I have 2 males and 1 unknown. That being said, one of the males is shockingly vigorous and the clones off him have outpaced their buddies by far, and it's a rugged, solid plant that I am thrilled to have as a breeder. I've got that kosher kush x lemon skunk female who has been striking out on tinder so far ; ) hmmm just in time for Valentine's day...
< 3
20200118_171536.jpg

Sous vide pork chops with balsamic fig glaze, kale, and toasted cashews. It's better with hazelnuts but that what I had in the freezer. This is, IMVHO, THE ONLY way to do pork chops: few hours in the sous vide, glaze, few minutes under the broiler.
Nomnomnom!!!!
20200118_185900.jpg
20200118_185921.jpg
20200119_103427.jpg
20200119_103505.jpg

Last edited:
You know the January Thaw is over when you put a HID lamp in your grow just for heat... less than 3 days after removing it in favor of something a bit more modern. It's too cold, I want off this ride. Which one of y'all living in the Hot Part needs a farmhand/personal chef til about April lol

Latest posts

Back