Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know the January Thaw is over when you put a HID lamp in your grow just for heat... less than 3 days after removing it in favor of something a bit more modern. It's too cold, I want off this ride. Which one of y'all living in the Hot Part needs a farmhand/personal chef til about April lol
Can you cook keto meals? Come on down

Haha keto? You got a smoker? Heck yeah i can cook keto. Also, hope you like frittata, and wish the health food bloggers would stop calling it crustless quiche lol.
By the time it gets humid, you'd kick me out of the Hot Part. I get cranky and am likely to be found sulking in the shade with my feet in a bucket of ice water.
It's 3 whole degrees out.

So an update on the Sweet Cindy: I feel like I've hit the lotto. The most agreeable structural plant just so happens to also be the nicest smelling. It was bubblegum scented when live, but now that it has been in a jar for a week and has gotten past the hay stage, open the lid and it's like a blast of fresh pink grapefruit. I wasnt sure if I was imagining things so i took the jar over and stuck it in Besties nose like, smell anything? OMG GRAPEFRUIT!!!
We have a winner: Plant#5 is my keeper and thus concludes phenotype selection on this seed pack! All that's left is to make a bunch of cuts and backup beans.

It's been a while since last update. Triple grapes are in flower and starting to show bud set. They are getting bigger pots tonight to finish in. They're a bit cramped in one gallon shoes.
20200127_183716.jpg
That's all : )

Veg room after thinning the herd. Some mother responsibilities have been passed to the next generation, and some phenos have been culled or flowered out. Clones rooting in plugs on a dirt bed are stable and I'm not worried about them drying out. Everyone could stand a bit more food. They got pureblend and silica blast today. Rooted clones are well established and ready to share with a couple friends in the part of my state that doesn't really exist except on paper. They are going into final pre-shipment quarantine/pest drench on saturday.
20200129_230626.jpg
20200129_230636.jpg
20200129_230702.jpg
20200129_230720.jpg

The flower room is also pretty hungry. A few are coming down in the next day or so and everyone else will get a good riddance meal once they're gone. Rearranged the lights a bit for more spread. Currently that's a pair of SF2000 and the HPS600. The big T5 is down for a ballast replacement. The fixture is 10-15 years old and the ballast is still a stock item so that was a relief. $60 on Amazon and our company electrician, who has major Grey Ponytail Power and a vintage Harley which may be the only thing more battle scarred than he is, gave me some insulated push connectors that help if you're working on something that could potentially have a live capacitor waiting to pounce. He don't ask n I don't tell. Good man.
I put a resume out into the world today for a future lab supervisor job with a worse commute and pay than my current job, but a sweet State benefits package. It's been a rough week. Can't tell if I'm having an existential crisis or if it's just PMS lol. Maybe in a couple years someone might read it and free me from the salt mines. Til then, it's business as usual. My annual review that was due 5 months ago is supposedly pending. Can't wait to hear this year's crop of niceties including, but not limited to, how we only have a limited budget for raises since we are a captive shop losing money on paper while our parent company does juuuust fiiiine off our blood sweat and tears. Yes, all three. In the most literal sense possible without the CDC stepping in lol. Bottoms up, beeyatches.
Time to go scrape dirt put of my fingernails and hit the rack.
Good night, plants! Good night, friends!
20200129_230758.jpg

Being a latecomer to this pot pharming world, I’ve not used such a beast...I didn’t get started in this growin till it was legal in my state...and by then it was already moving to LED’s and it seems like they’ve only gotten better...

Yup. I waited a long time to jump on the party bus. I've never liked nightclub lights lol. You'll just see the one blurple in my veg room on the rack, over the open space for seedlings as I've got none going at the moment. Soon.... umbra's exodus backcross is up next. Say CHEESE! :)

I think you are the origin of the term "manufacturer of marijuana"...looks perfect in there!..My back kills me on the trim work...got to get a different method than standing while doing it...I have mobile disc at C S L...takes daily maintenance on a True Back to keep it in check.

Have any of you tried an inversion table for lower back pain? It has worked well for me. Sometimes I can get most of my vertebrae to pop one after another(but usually just a few). Works best after a hot shower...

HP is that one of those gravity spine decompression/alignment things?
For trimming, those folding plastic party tables are pretty handy and then match it to a chair that lets you trim in an ergonomic position. I can't trim standing up either... there's that Bartender Back again. Even washing dishes sets it off.
What a draaaaaag it is getting ooooooold!

Yes it puts your spine in a natural position...sometimes when I use it...5 or 6 vertebra move...you do the upper back first then the lower...it saves me...I could not do all the physical stuff I do without it. OF8 I have not tried an inversion table but I hear they do work well....I was all ways concerned I would get stuck upside down or something lol....Oh...I cannot leave out Keefs coconut capsules....they are part of the solution as well...they relax the muscles and allow stuff to realign easier.

https://trueback.com/

My inversion table has a height adjustment that changes the pivot point so that with my arms at my sides causes the table to rotate to upright. To invert I just have to raise my arms.

Latest posts

Back