Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheese is next to pop. I have less than zero room in the veg room yet. I'm getting some coffee in me before I go up there and do an overhaul of the inventory. I may even put up a t5 panel in another room to spread things out some. Like, this is nuts!

Of your stock, the BPUX was the next one popped after the grapes. And the black indica went in around the same time. So I've gotta get that crew evaluated, choose mothers, and make some room.

I just gave a big box of large well rooted cuts (~8-10" each) to my favorite colleague who I'm having a friendly grow competition with- he's absolutely killing it, but with some kinda boring mass market strains. Blue Dream, really?! The regional grey market is saturated with that stuff. It's not even economical to grow it! So here's some of my extra stock, go nuts! More room for me, more fun colors and flavors for him, win win!

I think I'm up close to 20 strains, it was 18 at last count iirc, multiple phenos of some, and a few nice males.

Lucky for job stability but unfortunately for Extra Plant Time, I'm still working through the epidemic and trying to squeeze it all in.

It never ends! But for a chilly, rainy, grey spring day with the threat of disease hanging heavy in the damp air. .. there's nowhere else I'd rather be!

The triple grape will make the blue dream seem boring and drab mids in comparison. That plant might bring you some attention, lol. Traffic to your thread here has gone up 5x since you posted pix of that bud, lol. The BoC and cheese will change your life, lol.

Blue dream is my personal definition of boring drab mids lol. My old bulk guy got stuck with a giant load of the stuff and people were like, oh dude this again, everyone is sick of it already and I still have some left....

20200329_103152.jpg
so in case anyone doesnt believe me that a) I have too much biomass and b) pot can take serious abuse if they get enough attention to balance it out. If you listen to what they tell you, and give them the love they need, and keep it SIMPLE... They will be content.
This is the before picture of my veg room. I've just been up there for two hours up-potting and making new space to hold the old mothers til flower space opens up. It's a disaster, but the plants are fine <3

20200329_110424.jpg
20200329_111300.jpg
20200329_112248.jpg
20200329_112700.jpg
20200329_114219.jpg

All of these were in quart pots. Sweet cindy, umbra's triple grape and BPUX, and maybe some other stuff, I forgot. Oh one is Lavender. But they aren't suffering save for the 4 foot and bushy sweet Cindy which is complaining about pinched feet.
They all went into 3 gallon pots with a mixture of mother earth coco granules and coast of Maine lobster compost.
My back aches and I'm stahhhving. Lunch break!

As one journey ends, another begins. The @umbra triple grapes are all curing. They smell fabulous, and each with a subtly different slant.
20200412_143407.jpg

2 smells strongest and spiciest. It's also the heavyweight. 10 weeks, frosty, fragrant; a winner.

7 is... well, plum crazy. Hey @Keef there's your purple with a sparkle! Close second in yield, smells nice but not as strong as Sister2. 10 weeks.

5 is going to be the cull. Funny when a plant that is still well above average doesn't make the cut... an embarrassment of riches, perhaps? I just didn't like the form of the plant as much and it's not smelly enough to make up for being a b*tech to trim. Also ran like 11 + weeks.

8 is the Cabbage, and the turbo model of the bunch. Turbo Cabbage Cut? I like it. Shorter than all others by almost half, plump and agreeable to grow indoors. Smells nice, smokes nice, looks nice, sleepy as heck. I'm gonna try taking it down even earlier next time. I'm REALLY fond of this plant. She's like that friend who doesn't get sullen on a road trip if things aren't exactly as planned. 8 weeks.

Next up is.... drum roll

Easter planting!

It seems appropriate to start umbra's Box o Chocolate today, and while we're at it, his Exodus Cheese preservation project, this packet of which is hopefully going to yield me a twin of the clone-only cut that came here from the Exodus community in th UK decades ago and smells like cranberry or currant Wensleydale.
20200412_144335.jpg

Ok going to do garden chores now!

Latest posts

Back