Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once taught an oversensitive waitress how to punch cabbages in the walk in cooler instead of crying in my bar prep area, which scared my customers. I held the cabbage with both hands and yelled HIT IT! HARDER! IT'S THE WOMAN AT TABLE 8 WHO HAS BEEN DEMEANING YOU FOR THE LAST 45 MINUTES! PUNCH HER IN THE FACE AND GET BACK OUT THERE SOLDIER!

Cabbages need side handles too. I had forgotten that her day job was shovelling horse dung at a stable. 95 pound girl had a nasty punch. We are still friends 20 years later and we still laugh about the Cabbage Head.

Stinky, you rock. I love what you did with the purple at the first of your journal. Lovely. I didn't get thru the whole thing, but you are a great grower and we are so lucky to have you with us. Thanks for all your help. Sorry I am tardy with this thanks.
It makes good bathroom reading if you ever get really bunged up lol.
Nice to see you here! For my next act I'm going to start b*tching about the weather and my poor rootbound tomato seedlings. I'm so tired I'm just glued to my chair with a pint glass of pretzels for dinner and some Lavender which is not fully cured yet but whatever, it goes well with pretzels!
Oh shoot lights are on I need to go see who wilted while I was out doing Adult Things.

I had a twin once...gave it away and it produced well they said...power tools...we could start a thread on those handy demons...big ones like combines...when I was 18 or so...was working on a harvester while it still ran...they have all sort of drive belts and chains...finger snatchers for sure. My shirt was unbuttoned as I worked leaning over a turning pulley with belt on it...my shirt tail was caught in turning pulley....it snatched me into the machine hard...I was able to catch myself with my arms as it tore the shirt off me...good thing I was strong in those days. Lesson learned!

I once taught an oversensitive waitress how to punch cabbages in the walk in cooler instead of crying in my bar prep area, which scared my customers. I held the cabbage with both hands and yelled HIT IT! HARDER! IT'S THE WOMAN AT TABLE 8 WHO HAS BEEN DEMEANING YOU FOR THE LAST 45 MINUTES! PUNCH HER IN THE FACE AND GET BACK OUT THERE SOLDIER!

Cabbages need side handles too. I had forgotten that her day job was shovelling horse dung at a stable. 95 pound girl had a nasty punch. We are still friends 20 years later and we still laugh about the Cabbage Head.
You could always just piiss her off when you need to make coleslaw...

You could always just piiss her off when you need to make coleslaw...
There were samurai sword decorations on the walls (Tappan steakhouse) and I'm not sure if I'd end up in the coleslaw too. Strangely enough, one could do quite an amazing fusion coleslaw with that Japanese heavy mayo that they use in spicy rolls, some sriracha, pickled unidentifiable whatevers from the sushi bar, mirin, and garnished with flying fish roe. I'd eat that. Heck, I might try to MAKE that. But with savoy cabbage, not the bowling ball type.

20200424_171140.jpg

Twinsies!!!
20200424_185203.jpg

And my dichlorvos emitters are here! I thought things seemed a little quieter in the virtual grow house over the past 24 hours lol... seems the pests have scurried off to more hospitable locales...

Latest posts

Back