TV's Montel Williams comes to Sacramento to open marijuana dispensary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roddy said:
So, let me make sure I understand...the DOCTOR hands me my card????

I love a good debate, love friendly banter.....it's always good to learn from others opinions...and yes, I am listening! ;)

As for a spokesman for MMJ...Montel works. Would you rather have sayyyyy....a PRESIDENT?? :D :D :rofl:

A President Ya Thats gonna happen soon! lol,, The Doctor here in Cali only gives you a written recomondation and enrolls you in 215.org for the Cops to Verify you and that by Law here is all you need and . So Yes they do here in CA,, Greyish though

BudLover#69 said:
A President Ya Thats gonna happen soon! lol,, The Doctor here in Cali only gives you a written recomondation and that by Law here is all you need. So Yes and No! LOL

I wouldn't be so sure about this....you still have to apply to the STATE...right??

The president joke, just saying there could be worse spokesmen lol

No Roddy, the state, in my state at least has nothing to do with it. the doctor gives you your prescription and that is it. we don't even have a state registry which i wish we did. Then you go back in a year and pay a stupid amount of money and your good for another year. This will be my third year.

Roddy said:
I wouldn't be so sure about this....you still have to apply to the STATE...right??

You have the choice,, Ca has a regisrtry if you want an actual Ca Card--LOL I have NEVER seen One.. Here in Ca all you need to be LEGAL is a Written Drs Recomdation,, SB420 lays out General state guidlines as to amounts of plants and so on BUT CA SUPREME COURT has ruled that if you have a DR Rec you can have and grow as much as you want! REALLY! Now everyone seems to agree that you should not go over 99 plants becuase for some reason they think that is a FEDERAL Cutoff or something!! Stupid if the FEDS want to bust you THEY CAN! 1 plant or 10000 plants MMJ is still Illegal by Federal Law Period. So Ca and it's So Called Leader the FED Gov are Really at Odds Wish the FEDS Change laws! LOL

Wow, it's even easier in Cali than here.....no wonder some take offense when I say it's not just between doc and patient. WOW! Here in Michigan, you see a doctor before applying with the state ($100 fee).

This explains why some aren't too worried about crack-downs...for some, it truly IS between the doctor and the patient!

I wish the feds would too, my friend! :48:

Rosebud said:
No Roddy, the state, in my state at least has nothing to do with it. the doctor gives you your prescription and that is it. we don't even have a state registry which i wish we did. Then you go back in a year and pay a stupid amount of money and your good for another year. This will be my third year.

Sounds like it's close to open legalization, Rosie?? Aside from the feds, of course! :) Is it easy to find a doctor?

Roddy said:

Roddy you don't know how the Michigan law works. You don't apply to the state the state is just responsible for issuing your card. The only think the state can deny you a card for in Michigan is if you were convicted of a drug felony.

Taken from my approval letter...

"Dear ___"

"The Medical Marihuana Program has APPROVED your request for....." "If your APPLICATION designated a caregiver....."

Says application right on the application which is sent to the DEPT of LICENSING and REGULATORY AFFAIRS, a division of the state govt....you send an application to the state and it's either approved or denied....by them. Seems like you apply to the state to me.

I think you're misunderstanding how it works, my friend, the state is the one overseeing this program, the state controls who can and cannot get a card. If the state decides tomorrow that only adults can have them, guess who'll be allowed to have them? They already mandate you have to have a parent's consent if not an adult.

And, by re-reading your comment....a drug felon CAN have a card, a drug felon cannot be a caregiver....says that right on the application as well.

You send an application that APPROVED by a doctor not by the state. Sorry I misspoke about the drug felony thing, the state can not stop you from getting a card in any way once it has been approved by a doctor as long as you send in your fee.

Again, it was JUST in the news a few weeks or so back about the state re-examining their APPLICATION SYSTEM, going to look to see if they can clamp down on what they see as abusive use. You may not think they can't deny you, but you are simply mistaken. The doctor prescribes, the state gives out...at their discretion!

They are talking about cracking down on the doctors that are approving the cards for people who dont have a qualifying condition.

Hmmmm....so there you have it! The doctors will be denying what they call abusive use. The STATE mandates who can and can't have.

Im just going to follow other peoples lead and stop trying to discuss things with you.

You just said that the state is telling the doctors to crack down, right? So, is it wrong to say that the state has say? I don't mind you not talking to me, but if you feel you're right, STAND UP MAN, REPRESENT! :D

if your doctor says you qualify.. WHO IN THE HELL does the gov think they are to tell you no??.. The crooked legislators are NOT doctors. In "my" state, ALL that you need is the 'script/recommendation from your doctor. and the state cannot deny you. THEY are NOT qualified.

neither are they in michigan.
I'm beginning to think along the same lines as most others that have been participating in the discussion.
You're going to argue about it, whether you agree or not...or if you 'know' if you agree or not..:p

If mich' repeals it, or eliminates it, THAT would a new milestone.
What they are doing now, is NOT. They are doing the same thing EVERY other mmj state did. Now that they 'have' it, they are going to figure out how to regulate it and tax it to their benefit. They give a CRAP if you're ill or not. THEY WANT THE MONEY..

Roddy said:
Sounds like it's close to open legalization, Rosie?? Aside from the feds, of course! :) Is it easy to find a doctor?

In my neck of the woods, we have one clinic and one doctor that advertises. I went to a "traveling clinic: The Hemp and Cannibus Foundation. I think it is .org if you want to find them. Anyway, the come around every month or so and you get an appointment and pay 150 or 200 bucks, (rip off, I know) and you have a piece of paper that tells the police that you are legal for a year at a time, if they come a knocking. Or to take to a dispensary. I was also licensed in Ca. at the same time for more money of course. I really think the doctors I have seen ( 3) are good ambassadors for the herb we all love here at mp.
Thats the way it is in the great northwest.

It is on the ballot for 2012, I am cautiously optimistic. Never mind, it will never happen.

Money Mutual is the name of the loan shark company he endorses just saw the commercial.

Those places should not be allowed to operate. They ruin gullible/needy peoples lives.

Rosebud said:
Those places should not be allowed to operate. They ruin gullible/needy peoples lives.

That is okay Rose as long as Montel gets paid.....:rolleyes:

Let's see loan sharking like this that ruins people financially is legal and smoking a plant you can grow yourself and helps millions with many many conditions and has never killed a single person is illegal.....yep sounds about right for the way these dumb politicians work.

Is it easy to find a dr? :rofl: Here, in CA, drive 10 mins and you found one. The years I've gotten mine I have legit med records to have one, but who knows how strict they are. And I really could care less. And no, the state has nothing to do with it. Get dr recommendation, access to dispensary. Haven't had any run ins with the law about it, so im not really trippin.

As far as Montel Williams, yeah, he's really in it for the cause :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back