Twins Sex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bho_expertz

Aloha from Hell
Reaction score
Hi Mjers,

Have a question to throw ...

In my current grow, i had 4 seeds that instead of a single sprout gave me 2 sprouts ( twins ).

I have removed the weakers sprouts ( 3 weeks ago ) and putted them in their own pots. They have good growth and they look good.

The question is ... Should the sex of both plants be the same since they shared the same seed ? Or that is not seed related and it has to do with the conditions given (as i think ) ?

IMO if they are true idential twins they should be the same sex.

True twins they weren't because one was stronger ( bigger ) than the other ... Except for Sadhu ... both sprouts had the same size.

by true twins I ment from the same seed. plants from the same seed should be the same genetically wise, one maybe bigger because it is taking most of the nutes stored in the seed zygote/embro.

i have had twins b4 they where the same sex Male ive never seen a set of female twins good look bho

I think that mines were all male also but going to see tonight wich strains i got to flower and smoke ( in the future :doh: ) if everything goes right ;)

plants from the same seed should be the same genetically wise

True, but don't environmental conditions in first few weeks of seedlings life help dictate the sex of plant ?

Just thinking out loud here, but wouldn't it be possible to get one male and one female if one seedling was kept in hot, dry environment and one was kept in humid, warm environment ?

fruity86 said:
i have had twins b4 they where the same sex Male ive never seen a set of female twins good look bho

Had one female from a twin ... Just hope that it turns a good smoke because two of them share the genes ...

Roddy said:
twins and sex were in the same sentence....my mind....sorry!! :D :p

Are you already in yours Filthy 50's right ? I'm just in the Dirty 30's ;). That was sick man :hubba:

Latest posts

Back