Two Lawyers From Texas Release New Song of the Summer, “Don’t Eat Your Weed”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From marijuana.com

texas-marijuana-flag-702x336.gif

Two Lawyers From Texas Release New Song of the Summer, “Don’t Eat Your Weed”

By Duke London on July 12, 2016

With some of the toughest weed laws in the country, it’s no wonder many touring musicians and other passerby get tangled up in petty possession charges on their way through the Lone Star State.

A pair of Texas attorneys are trying to alleviate the issue somewhat and help prevent misdemeanors from becoming felonies in Texas. Will Hutson and Chris Harris, both of Waco, are gaining national notoriety (and radio spins) for their informational smash hit “Don’t Eat Your Weed.” The title doesn’t have a deeper meaning; it’s pretty self-explanatory.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZRA7wft1I[/ame]

Hutson and Harris noticed an alarming common trend among Texas marijuana arrests. In Texas, possession of fewer than two ounces of flower is a Class B misdemeanor, however, many people who get caught with flower in Texas end up with a felony after making one ill-advised mistake — eating their weed. Though movies have historically made eating your stash seem like a viable last-ditch effort before getting busted, it’s risky business in cowboy country. If an officer catches you “tampering with evidence,” your Class B misdemeanor jumps all the way up to a Third Degree Felony that carries a penalty of 2 to 10 years of imprisonment and/or a fine up $10,000.

When asked about the intention of the impromptu music video by the Waco Tribune-Herald, Harris said,
“There are some lawyers’ commercials out there that are just so ridiculous, you wonder if somebody would take you seriously. But what we were shooting for was to impart (knowledge) — these are not really like commercials, they are more like public service announcements — we were hoping to look like a couple of guys who are lawyers who happen to play guitar.”

“Here is the thing. We in no way in the video advocate the use of marijuana or anything else. Someone said something on Facebook that made me feel good. He said these are the most effective anti-drug messages I have ever seen because you are not judging, you are not saying do it or don’t do it. You are saying if you chose to do it, you should be educated,” Harris added.
Harris’ partner Hutson had a much simpler message. “We just want people to hire us,” Hutson said, “either as lawyers or for their bar mitzvah.”

The catchy acoustic jam has over 135k views on YouTube, meaning we should be expecting at least an EP to drop very soon. Hopefully, with more eyes on the group, Harris & Hutson can squeeze some additional budget dollars out of the label for their next music video, as this one was a little under-produced.

“This has been a lot of fun,” Hutson said. “I have heard nothing but positive comments about our videos, even from prosecutors. One said he was talking to a friend in California who saw the video. Most of the people who watch it I don’t think view us as advocates. We are just trying to help and give sound legal advice.”

Don’t call the duo a one-hit wonder, either. Their YouTube channel is home to other numbers such as “What the Hail is Going On?” and “Please Shut Up,” another arrest-related warning song about your Miranda rights.

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2016/07/two-lawyers-from-texas-release-new-song-of-the-summer-dont-eat-your-weed/

The po-po don't like your attitude ? -- He says --I smell weed --What did U just put in your mouth ? -- U just ate a joint ? -- Keep your hands where I can see them and step out the car !-- U going to jail !--Welcome to Texas !---U Go to jail !--No evidence needed ! -- Can't afford a lawyer and bail ? --U stay in jail !

What up Burning 1 ? -- I take cannacaps most days !---U don't need to be high to live here but it helps !-- I have an advantage over most around here who smoke !-- After my head injury I was crazy as hell for a couple years !--- I can still do a flawless Crazy !---

Latest posts

Back