Two Satori phenotypes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Fellow growers,

'Satori' was my first strain and 'Oregon Grown OG' my second and are still my favorites.
I've trashed 6-7 other strains as being not as good and Satori and og/og.
The other day I noticed my new crop of Satori had plants which were different...
Two phenotypes, one was lighter green, shorter and bushier.
The second was darker green, taller and the limbs were farther apart on the stems.
I called one Satori 'a' and the other Satori '1'.

Rather than pick the shorter and trash the tall dark green plants.
I studied them and began to realize that the darker green, taller plant had flowers farther apart from one another and fewer leaves. The flowers received much more light and even though the S1's were taller and didn't go well with the shorter lighter green phenotype I decided to keep them all and flower them separately as two strains.
Rather than two strains Satori and og/og, I have three!
Satori A, Satori 1, and og/og.
And since there are both in the crop that will be ready in 5 weeks, I'll smoke both and compare the two.
The 'Satori 1' phenotype has colas which are going to be gigantic.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Last edited:
That is awesome Poet. Look forward to your smoke report. Enjoy, very interesting.

420 likes. lol...
E4720692-2B53-4947-8CB6-7C42F8675961.jpeg

I have grown dozens and dozens of Satori and have never gotten different pheno types--all of mine always seem to grow and taste the same. Have more Satori seeds oming my way for this summers grow. I'm looking forward to your smoke report.

Hemp Goddess...

The two distinct phenotypes are not dramatically different, but clearly different.
The #1 is taller. Therefore the shorter lighter colored type would naturally get less light.
They are both great, but for a more uniform crop,...
they are different enough, to grow separately.
I never noticed this before either. Maybe its just an anomaly?

Thank you...

The Poet...

Satori has two common phenotypes.

The "Bat" phenotype produces a long top cola, like a baseball bat.

It's the one I see the most in my Satori grows.

Hemp Goddess...

The two distinct phenotypes are not dramatically different, but clearly different.
The #1 is taller. Therefore the shorter lighter colored type would naturally get less light.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Hemp Goddess...

Thank you...

The Poet...

Lol while reading this , the poem of Dangerous Dan Legrew struck me. The meter works well with it

Hipster...

Yeah, one is basically a giant cola and the other is bush.
I'll bloom them separately.

Thanks...

Poet...

Hipster Doofus,

Hey...
I was jarring some Satori, wondering why my latest harvest had such small buds.
Then I grabbed another plant which was 'real lime green' and had 'giant buds' on it like I was expecting.
I looked at the tags and sure enough it was a 'bat' phenotype.

I named them, the 'A' and the 'B', the 'Bat' type being the better one.
I'll keep both phenotypes as I would never trash a Satori.
But the next crop will be 100% 'Satori B' type.

Wait... I noticed today that most of the crop was 'B' type but only one... had the baseball bat cola! I'm going to find another plant like 'the bat'.
Keep good records so when one shows I can go to the clone mother and reproduce them en-mass.

Thank you...

Poet...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back