Two tents and one exhaust- question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max cady

Reaction score
I'm planning to vent two tents (both approx. 1m2, maybe one of them will be 1,2 x 1,2 m) with one exhaust going into chimney. Was thinking to have separated fan and filter for each tent and connecting them with duct and wye duct which after would go into chimney. Does it make sense? Or would you have some better ideas? Is it enough that I would intake air from room (open window?) or should I bring air directly from outside? I also have dilemma about possible contamination between these tents and disturbing each other in light cycles. Forgive me my english, I'm not a native. Will appreciate any input.

Last edited:
I would say that your plan of 2 different fans AND 2 filters going into 1 should be safe. They would have to run constant or be on same timer. I have mine on thermostat. I think my concern would be "What if you ended up with a Hermie or a male plant"? and back contamination from pollen. But really, if your careful and being attendant with you garden, you shouldn't have too many problems keeping the boys out.

So it's better idea than 1 fan and 1 filter for both tents? Same time schedule for separated fans is necessary? Was considering to put some dampers into ducting just couldn't find any. Was also thinking to put mesh plus some carbon filter (cheap one, originally for ventilation hood) against contamination or infestation, i had in past problem with spidermites..

Do One tent until you have enough money to set up a second tent
Problem solved . Also if you are in a Country where they arrest you risk Jail time or worse, invest in good Filters,
They will pay for themselves 1000 times over if they keep you from getting arrested.

Latest posts

Back