types of light to use please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneluv

Reaction score
I have one plant that i'm growing in my closet I have compact fluro's that are 75watts i was told that since there soft white they will not work please tell me this is not true I also have a halogen flood ligth well this work for me I know its all about the lumens so does that mean as long as i have the right lumens it doesnt matter what type of light

get a lot of compact floros 2 or 3 of thoses 75 watts will do but the flood light gets to hot and they suck for growing

halogen flood ligth are not as good but thay will work what u need is a hps its a light that is high pressher sodem thay come 14w thats how much power it useis but thay are cheap so buy 1 use 2 of them

halogen flood lamps are not good at all. too much heat and wrong spectrum of light.

Many of the CFL Bulbs list their wattage with both their actual wattage and the incandescent equivlent. When you say 75 Compact Flou, are you talking about an actual 75 wat compact flou or an 18w that is equal to a 75 watt incandescent?

Thanks!

halogen do not work i repeat do not work.
get a metal halide for veg.
hps for flower.
if u want to grow your plant with a halogen u might as well grow it in your oven.

lighting is always a big thing halogen bulbs are the same as incandesant wehn it comes to growing all light no real lumen light so they are not to be used im a cheap grower too and this is my first time grow and i went with fluro lights too but i used the 4' tubes and a cfl the tubes are g.e. 40w daylight bulbs that put out 3050lumn/ bulb and the cfl is a 42W 2700lumen warm white (used more for the plants to reach toward cause im on a side grow with my tubes) and with this set up ive done well i think on my first try

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17593&highlight=dubbaman

6500k cooldaylight for veg,2700k warmwhite for flower

keegan_periard said:
halogen flood ligth are not as good but thay will work what u need is a hps its a light that is high pressher sodem thay come 14w thats how much power it useis but thay are cheap so buy 1 use 2 of them

Not sure what your saying. 14watt HPS?

Latest posts

Back