U.S. Customs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGVermont1965

Lover of all things green
Reaction score
I placed an order for seeds from the UK in early December, they arrived in the U.S. on December 21st and have been sitting in Customs ever since.
I'm thinking this is most likely due to the government shutdown but thought I would ask if anyone else is having this problem?
And does anyone know of any North American seedbanks that carry Barney's Farm and Pyramid seeds that are safe to order from?
At this point I'm 3 weeks behind with new products, I have my old lines but need something new.
Thanks for your help !

Wow. I haven’t had a problem with my orders (Robert Bergman ILGM). The Postal Service is not the part of gov’t that is shut down.

Sounds like they got your seeds. I had some confiscated from an order in Canada. They resent them. Good luck NC.

That's the thing, though.
If Customs takes the seeds they always send the rest of the package or a Notice of Seizure, and I haven't recieved anything.
It's tracked into Customs and ends there, I purchased delivery insurance so I'm covered as far as that goes but I need the paperwork.
Thanks for your answers Guys!!!

Exactly the same situation right now. They made it to US customs late Dec. and have been sitting there since.

I would say Yes
Have you tried email the seller and ask if they are seeing others with such delays
At least you will know you are not alone.
They are talking about fruits and flowers being imported to the US to start to spoil before the inspectors can get to them if it does not open back up soon.
Best of Luck

I spoke with the people at True North Seedbank in Ontario, Canada yesterday and it does seem that U.S. Customs is having trouble with the shutdown and packages from the U.K. are just sitting around waiting for things to go back to "normal".
However, packages coming to the States from Canada are coming through with very few issues.
So now I have Gorilla Zkittles, Blue Dream and White Widow on their way from True North in Canada while my other Gorilla Zkittles, Tutankhoman and 4 freebies wait in Customs from Seeds Direct .
Wish me luck, I'm already a month behind!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back