Uh oh! Is this a serious problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The csnnabutter I made out of my 2+ year old seeded trim and popcorn is pretty potent. Almost devastating. My understanding is that the majority of cannabinoids are found in the trichomes. The seeded buds were covered with trichomes. Trichomes are in theory made to provide protection to the plant from UV rays(like sunscreen). Evolution would favor genetics that protect their offspring(seeds) from harmful UV light. I tried to find scientific papers addressing seeded vs unseeded cannabinoid concentration but couldn’t find any. A grower certainly gets more weight of material that can be smoked in sinsemillia but I can’t find evidence that there is any difference in what we perceive as potentcy.

when we bought weed back in the 60’s we didn’t need no stinking scales , weed was measured in fingers………see photo below

if I ever sold seeded weed , what me!? , I would throw in an extra 7 grams per ounce to cover the extra weight of the seeds

5F1D3D4A-4015-4DCC-AD0E-AD13DF8DC7D2.jpeg

when we bought weed back in the 60’s we didn’t need no stinking scales , weed was measured in fingers………see photo below

if I ever sold seeded weed , what me!? , I would throw in an extra 7 grams per ounce to cover the extra weight of the seeds

View attachment 303849
I wish you were my dealer back in the 80’s…

Sold lots of weed back in the day. One of my favorites was called Arkansas Pine. Smelled like a pine tree and was lime green. That shit was very potent and had seeds. My customers loved it. I sold out as fast as I could get it.
Can't find anything like it anymore.

All weed around my area was seeded just 15-20 yrs ago. None of it seemed near as good as the Smoke you can get today. I'm going to give them a few more days in the flower room then wrap them up because it's just not worth the risk. I'v been smoking the bud and to me it's really good right now, I wanted to go for the couch lock weed but I'll get it on the next grow. I don't really think one rogue pollen Sac opening will destroy my entire crop in another room at this point but I'm also not willing to provide people with seedy weed. It goes against my belief in providing a quality product.
I do have some brown trichomes on 2 of the plants and nearly all of the remaining tricons are at least 70% cloudy. Some are actually falling over. At this point I'll just have to chalk it up as a lesson learned and be more Vigilant in the future.

View attachment 303849
Exactly, 👍. Everything goes out heavy anyway. If not for seeds then at least to cover the weight of the stems. It's a policy

My experience was in the beginning I pollinated a small WW grow in a closet, went to seed as the whole bud.
That smoke did not get you high.
When I started a new grow I didn't clean it very well and it also made seeds tons, that weed did not get you high.
Now this is the same WW that I grow today, 15 years latter and it gets anyone stoned and I know my tolerance is more now than then.

View attachment 303849
Yes but the two fingers I use to buy didn’t look like that 😜

You mean I wasn't really baked out of my mind as I frantically tried to extinguish flaming seeds? Who knew? Deseeding the weed and putting the best seeds in a film can was just part of the routine.

Latest posts

Back