UK grower joining up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyNuggs

Reaction score
Hello peoples of MJ passion.

Am a newbie at this growing business, having started out with an indoor grow last august.

Have come a long way but always learning and changing shit about.

Am trying to establish a gentle perpetual: albeit with my girls taking an individual view on when they are ready, I don't tend to go by ’must be ready in x weeks’. And I have a bunch of dried flower in my stores so seams to be working.

Pretty much all coco/pearlite (avg 70/30) but have just finished cooking my own organic fertilizer to incorporate into my substrate's.

I grow under LEDs in a couple of tents (.5m x 90cm & 1.2 x 1.2) with a smidge of co2 in bloom tent and usual carbon air conditioning etc.

Currently growing a mixed bag of strains.

Some for shitsngigs, some for reasons: Hulkberry is almost 30%!
While others for taste and or medical exploration.

Still have a bunch of seeds for following grows: Green Gelato, Blue Cheese, Royal creme, with Wedding cake, GSC, Banana Tangie and a Trainwreck on their way (ordered mid covid)
So, current line up is (no order)

Godberry - 25 litre airpot (veg)
BigBudXXL (¹ of ³) - 25 litre airpot (bloom)
Krippleshock ¹ of few - 40 litre builders rubble pot (v)
Zkittlez - 4 litre bucket (v)
Auto diesel - 12 litre airpot (wk3)
Royal Kush auto - 11 litre Atami pot (wk3)
NL Auto - 11 litre Atami pot (wk7)
Hulkberry ¹ of ³ - 25 litre airpot (b)
BigBudXXL ² of ³ - 11 Atami pot (b)
BigBudXXL ³ of ³ - 12 litre pot (b)
Kripple ² of few 25 litre airpot (b)
2 Hulkberry monstercrop clones

Bunch of clones - bbxxl/Krip'k/godb'y

All different styles and training applied, mostly top/fim & tying down however I do have a Glorious 'Dr Krippling' Krippleshock that I've lovingly front loaded by manifolding it (my first mainlined girl) which is sitting at 2ft between opposing budsites so just a week or so from flower.

I use BioBiz grow/bloom/Topmax & Heaven but also use a suite of things like molasses, potash of sulphate, Epsom salts, worm humus bat guano, Chicken guano, seaweed etc etc
I make aact teas every ten days or so and in between I flush every ten days or so with ph'd water to keep the coco clean

My pH targets are 5.7 - 6.3 to make the most of available nutrients, which I get through experience (after lots of logging first few months of monitoring) when I started - lesson here is don't rely on shitty cheap pH pens.

I am aware that some make money at this.
I do not: for me it started as a way of negating the need for street dealers for what I consider my wife & friends meds.
Now I have plenty of dry, cured flowers and I continue to do it because I enjoy it and I get to donate a zip or 2 to my friends local PTSD charity (for ex forces) every month or so and my wife has relief from her ailments.

Hit me up, always happy to shoot the breeze.
Couple of topics I'm interested in: Bud maturity - am testing a theory on bud end size and maturity of budsite.

Coloidal silver - not for anything beyond personal use but possibilities are incredible.

Free lights (cheeky i know) but I desperately need some more LEDs if you got em and want them out of your way - I'll gladly for postage and heap praise on you forever (FOREVER!!!) ..
;)

Hmmm, what else....
Am a big hairy janner fella who cares for his arthritic wife around the clock.
But as cynical as I can be, I always try and see the funny side.
Thanks for stopping by.
JN

Welcome back Jimmy. Glad to see things are going well for you and youre still at it.
How does the atami work out for you and what medium do you use with it?

Good day and much love for the welcome back folks.
Hey Nov, just the pots unfortunately.
When I started I grabbed the mid size Atamis pots on advice, in an effort to be ready for the system (at some later date) but got hung up on root development so ended up going to airports instead, so just the pots, which I have to say do a pretty good job for my only square tubs.

Stay safe and have a great day

New place delivered today - after a hefty smoke I ordered some on a whim cause they were ridiculously cheap (50%off last weekend).
IMG_20200409_172628.jpg

All for less than 1 prem seed almost anywhere else..
On price alone, it was hard to beat, especially cause I have some bad blood with my last supplier (rqs). Long story short, rqs are out forever.
Won't be growing these anytime soon (I got way too much in the tents already!) But for some stock to film gaps these are magic...

Also, I've not been paid, just a good deal for me. Maybe for you when they have their next sale.
Stay safe folks.

Good morning folks.
Little big smile this morning. I chcked my girls as normal but i have the first signs that my monster cropped Hulk (Bruce Banner #3 X strawb OG) clone has 'took': its grown. Fractionally but it IS alive.
Dont mind admitting cloning is my weak game, and 7 failed clones in (5 from veg n 2 from flower) i was sweating cause i really didnt want to lose these genetics. Worried the thing was unclonable. But the heat is off.

I WILL however take a top tip.for cloning from you if you're passing by...?!

What glorious day here, sun is shining bright.

Hope you all celebrate 'good friday' however you bpoody well choose to..
Have fun

Ok folks small update, colloidal silver still en route and am deciding on maw n pa for my Frankenstein's monster.

Anyone with experience to share?
Is it straight forward circumventing nature this way?

Are there any rules I should be aware of when selecting strains to cross?

Also, dropped a Royal Creamatic today for a root experiment.

Have soaked for 48 hours in a tissue crease (keeps root straight dontchaknow :) this has been dropped into a root it sponge which is then put inside a 4" grodan block with an aim to airprune side and tap root as soon as possible within the block.
If anyone has seen potential results on a YouTube vid with Neil from Black Diamond LEDs, then you'll know what I'm trying to replicate (genetics aside, I want to see if roots can be kept in smaller pots for larger plants by forcing root structure development back into the grodan block..

Its 5 mm inside the sponge as of today so I'll update as any developments occur but for now, some badly lit pics of what's going on in veg tent...

4 x g'berry
1 x K'shock
1 x Royal Creamatic in the block

IMG_20200415_114829.jpg

KrippleShock in 40l from above: another week and she getting flipped.
IMG_20200415_114759.jpg

Godberry in a 25l airpot: due to be flipped same time as above.
IMG_20200415_114747.jpg

3/4 week Diesel auto (topped once)
IMG_20200415_114655.jpg

3/4 week Auto Jack topped once
IMG_20200415_114615.jpg

Zkittlez 3 week - topped at node 4, stripped rest but will manifold after I take node 3 cuts for clones.
IMG_20200413_113938.jpg

Hulkberry monstercropped clone, took a few tips a few days after it started moving: that new growth started and pleased I managed to keep this one. Have cropped top half of its mother so want as much of this as I can.

IMG_20200415_114630.jpg

Think that's plenty.

Cheers o_O

Welcome Jimmy. Looks like you got things all sorted out. Good Luck.
Took me the best part of a year to get everything working in 'harmony'.
Now all is dialed in perfectly, only my lights let me down.
(My broke ass cant afford enough, so having to juggle off time lights between tents)
Is what it is.

Hello an welcome! Love to hear to everything you know and I think you know a thing or two, about a thing or two. Right?

Haha @rubrown assume we've met...!
;)
To my detriment, you're on the money but I take solace that the rest of society is just copying me right now.

Welcome Jimmy. Looks like you got things all sorted out. Good Luck.

Thankyou fella, had a sh1t ton thrown at me in last year with the grow (and more besides) but I've found my environments ebb n flow and despite the long list & numerous stages in play, im happy with each.
The urgency of new growers is a big hindrance and learning patience was my best lesson lerned...

What you folks growing atm?

Little update folks (no pics)

Moved tents about, the BBXXL & H'berry still not ready despite me taking the tops a week ago. (My LEDs suck major baws!)

Knock on effect is the large 40l mainlined Krippleshock and 25l Godberry had to be flipped and now the flower footprint is bigger than it should be especially now I'm 2 lights down.
Just spreading 400+/- watts keeping it going for now.

Don't like closing canopy but till those two are ready, I'm not rushing 'em.
So, the 1.²√ tent is under lit and overfull with:

2 large Kripples (& now a 40 so 3) - the unknown flower is out @ week four and it smells GLORIOUS (will put a desc up of strains soon)

2 large BBXXLs - one due is being stubborn (and not as big flowers as I'd like: tops where... Meh! (As I let my last of these genetics die out, its swan song (bloom 4 wk) has double the flower size of this stubborn *****.

And the newly flipped Godberry, which I've also started spraying with colloidal silver as a means of keeping her for a 'small pot sog' in the future.

Both G'y & K'k were defoliated about 70% off.

Veg tent,
Monster cropped #2 Hulkberry is sprouting from all angles. Jus needs some time...
It's partner (#1) has sat in flower more or less same time as #2 been sprouting... Stupid plant.

3rd topping of Zkittlez and its currently looking like a 12 inch (capital) T n happy.

Defol on the two autos:
auto Diesel is skinny but form is good with 4 even colas with multi budsites
While Auto Jack is sturdier and a little tighter but after 3 toppings this has given me 12 nice and even flower sites.

But because they both healthy and happy am contemplating topping both one more time....
Guess a day or two to think on it before the window passes...

One of the Gberry clones has shown 'a root' so am thinking if I grow this one out and flip after lots o topping n fimming this will be my seed mother: need her stress levels to be low if that's the case, minimize any likely hood of introducing the Hermie gene. (May have no impact at all but will try and give this clone a privileged upbringing regardless).
3 Krippleshock clones remain the same, just finding roots.

Cheers and please let me know what your thinking is on topping autos (healthy n happy at day 30 ish)???

Latest posts

Back