Undercover police bought marijuana from Jackson, Lansing dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
Undercover police bought marijuana from Jackson, Lansing dispensaries without ever seeing a doctor, court documents show

Published: Monday, December 19, 2011, 8:30 PM Updated: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 10:25 AM

By Aaron Aupperlee | Jackson Citizen Patriot

State Police execute a search warrant at HydroWorld on N. West Avenue in Jackson.
Undercover police officers bought marijuana from HydroWorld stores in Jackson and Lansing without ever seeing a doctor or registering with the state, according to court documents filed Friday.

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette is suing Danny Trevino, owner of three medical marijuana dispensaries, claiming the businesses violate the state’s medical marijuana act and are a public nuisance.

Similar lawsuits were filed in the Jackson County Circuit Court and Ingham County Circuit Court on Friday. Jackson Circuit Court Judge Richard LaFlamme set an initial pre-trial hearing for March 23 with a trial to start in April, according to court documents. No dates have been set for Ingham County proceedings. Joy Yearout, a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office, expects action on the cases before the March date.

The lawsuits describe similar undercover operations conducted by Michigan State Police officers. On Sept. 7, an undercover officer went into the Jackson HydroWorld location, 834 N. West Ave., to obtain a medical marijuana certificate under the state program, court records show. The officer completed an information packet and paid a HydroWorld employee $70.

Three weeks later, the officer returned and received a completed packet signed by Dr. Vernon E. Proctor, a physician in Baldwin, according to court documents. The officer never provided medical records and never had contact with Proctor, the lawsuit claims. Proctor did not return calls for comment Monday.

On Sept. 28, the officer bought marijuana from HydroWorld, “even though he did not possess a valid registration card,” court records indicate. The next day, state police officers and members of the Jackson Narcotics Enforcement Team raided HydroWorld locations in Jackson and Lansing.

Officers conducted a similar operation in Lansing at Trevino’s locations on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and W. Barnes Avenue. Between April 26 and Sept. 28, officers registered for medical marijuana at the HydroWorld stores.

Though the officers supplied no medical records and never met with a doctor, all received completed forms signed by Proctor, according to court records. The officers bought marijuana from the Lansing locations several times.

Efforts to reach Trevino have not been successful. After the September raids, he denied any allegations his business violated the law. Detective First Lt. Timothy Gill, commander of the Michigan State Police First District Drug Task Force Section, said Monday the investigation is on-going and further legal action against Trevino is possible.

HydroWorld in Jackson remained open on Monday. The lawsuits have no immediate effect but seek to have the businesses closed, the buildings padlocked for a year, the drugs destroyed and anything inside removed and sold, according to court documents.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, get rid of the corrupt and it'll make it soooo much better for us all!! Better yet, get rid of the profit altogether by making it legal....but that takes steps.

Do you even read the crap you write? Just legalizing something wont get rid of the profit otherwise no one would be making any money on anything.

I have never seen someone pollute a message board with as many worthless posts as you do.

Herm, if everyone can grow, you're cutting the profit down so much it's not worth the effort. Maybe that isn't as clear to some as I see it...sorry. In other words, the price would drop out and those in it for a profit would find something else to do.

Wow, read it three times now, makes sense still....hope you find this helpful, my friend!

tumblr_lfc93rSj9s1qf76m1o1_400.gif

Roddy said:
Herm, if everyone can grow, you're cutting the profit down so much it's not worth the effort. Maybe that isn't as clear to some as I see it...sorry. In other words, the price would drop out and those in it for a profit would find something else to do.

Wow, read it three times now, makes sense still....hope you find this helpful, my friend!

That's something you do not understand and cannot argue at all. People do not want to grow weed, they want a safe place to but it.
Growers are a VERY small percentage of tokers...to say the least.
just because it is "legal" to grow your own, in fact, most do not.

It's not about profit, it's about making a living.

NorCalHal said:
That's something you do not understand and cannot argue at all. People do not want to grow weed, they want a safe place to but it.

:confused2::eek: BUT it :huh: that the same as kester carry:stuff-1125699181_i_

NorCalHal said:

Sorry, we'll try again. Make it so anyone can GROW and the market will get flooded with surplus. The SURPLUS will bring the market down which will then make it less attractive for those making a living who will find a different way.

No Hal, not saying EVERYONE will grow, saying with everyone ALLOWED to, more will. This means more product. Economics say that will drive the price down...in fact, we've seen it happen already in states with MMJ, as I recall. Truly though, if everyone can grow, I would imagine backyard seed poppers cropping up all over the USA.

It's called economics...and yeah, I can argue it. Game on??

Oh, and Hal, I believe we both know that more people will grow, this means there'll be many more places to buy from...like farmer's markets, I imagine.

Roddy said:

Just mmj has driven prices far below anything since the mid 70's here.I see ads for $140 oz dispensary meds. 5 yrs ago, seedy, mex brick, that stank of diesel fuel was fetching $120 oz.
THAT alone, "I believe", deters criminal interests. They aren't interested in "making a living", they need those huge profit margins.
Its "big government" regulations that are keeping profit margins as high as they are now. It is THE WAY... the people want it, they speak out and get it passed, and big gov comes along and over regulates to satisfy 'their' agenda.

It is THE WAY... the people want it, they speak out and get it passed, and big gov comes along and over regulates to satisfy 'their' agenda.

Yep, well said!!

Roddy said:

If this was true we would be a nation of starving people or living in a communist country. There are many crops that are legal and anyone can grow such as corn, soybeans, oats, etc,etc,etc. But they don't, they allow someone else to grow these crops for them. If they all thought like Roddy they would quit farming(and many have) but we still have farms/ranches that supply us our daily needs that we do not want to grow ourselves. You need profit for the incentive to do it.:doh: No profit, no meds because not everybody has the time or the place or the knowledge to grow.

I posted this article to help inform our members since it appeared to me that some do not keep up with their local news, not to argue over meaningless posts by our misinformed/misguided members.

pcduck said:
Undercover police bought marijuana from Jackson, Lansing dispensaries without ever seeing a doctor, court documents show

Published: Monday, December 19, 2011, 8:30 PM Updated: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 10:25 AM

By Aaron Aupperlee | Jackson Citizen Patriot

State Police execute a search warrant at HydroWorld on N. West Avenue in Jackson.
Undercover police officers bought marijuana from HydroWorld stores in Jackson and Lansing without ever seeing a doctor or registering with the state, according to court documents filed Friday.

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette is suing Danny Trevino, owner of three medical marijuana dispensaries, claiming the businesses violate the state’s medical marijuana act and are a public nuisance.

Similar lawsuits were filed in the Jackson County Circuit Court and Ingham County Circuit Court on Friday. Jackson Circuit Court Judge Richard LaFlamme set an initial pre-trial hearing for March 23 with a trial to start in April, according to court documents. No dates have been set for Ingham County proceedings. Joy Yearout, a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office, expects action on the cases before the March date.

The lawsuits describe similar undercover operations conducted by Michigan State Police officers. On Sept. 7, an undercover officer went into the Jackson HydroWorld location, 834 N. West Ave., to obtain a medical marijuana certificate under the state program, court records show. The officer completed an information packet and paid a HydroWorld employee $70.

Three weeks later, the officer returned and received a completed packet signed by Dr. Vernon E. Proctor, a physician in Baldwin, according to court documents. The officer never provided medical records and never had contact with Proctor, the lawsuit claims. Proctor did not return calls for comment Monday.

On Sept. 28, the officer bought marijuana from HydroWorld, “even though he did not possess a valid registration card,” court records indicate. The next day, state police officers and members of the Jackson Narcotics Enforcement Team raided HydroWorld locations in Jackson and Lansing.

Officers conducted a similar operation in Lansing at Trevino’s locations on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and W. Barnes Avenue. Between April 26 and Sept. 28, officers registered for medical marijuana at the HydroWorld stores.

Though the officers supplied no medical records and never met with a doctor, all received completed forms signed by Proctor, according to court records. The officers bought marijuana from the Lansing locations several times.

Efforts to reach Trevino have not been successful. After the September raids, he denied any allegations his business violated the law. Detective First Lt. Timothy Gill, commander of the Michigan State Police First District Drug Task Force Section, said Monday the investigation is on-going and further legal action against Trevino is possible.

HydroWorld in Jackson remained open on Monday. The lawsuits have no immediate effect but seek to have the businesses closed, the buildings padlocked for a year, the drugs destroyed and anything inside removed and sold, according to court documents.

Nicely described. People will be aware of that.

Sorry, I'll merely point to this post by Hick....

Just mmj has driven prices far below anything since the mid 70's here.I see ads for $140 oz dispensary meds. 5 yrs ago, seedy, mex brick, that stank of diesel fuel was fetching $120 oz.
THAT alone, "I believe", deters criminal interests. They aren't interested in "making a living", they need those huge profit margins.

The price of corn plunged Thursday after the government said corn supplies were higher than traders expected. Investors had bid the price up, expecting tighter supplies because of weather damage to crops.

Corn for March delivery fell 40 cents, or 6.1 percent, to $6.115 per bushel. The price has fallen 24 percent from June, when concerns about a potential shortage sent the price to a record $7.99.
hxxp://finance.yahoo.com/news/corn-prices-plunge-higher-supply-191358068.html
$6-$7 bucks a bushel for pot would DEFINITELY put the profiteers/criminals out of business..:)
Its "big government" regulations that are keeping profit margins as high as they are now.
this should actually read "keeping prices as high as they are". The regulations are cutting into profit and driving the price.."IMO". Permits, restrictions, taxes, store fronts, all cost $$. Of course it is passed on to the consumer.
You ever check the price of zucchini at a farmers market, in say late July?
thanks for the article duck.

I want to ask ALL of the involved in the, of late, ...'debates', to pleases consider each others feelings and views in replies. I don't mind a 'healthy' debate. but I've noticed some rather personal attacks and name calling starting. That won't be tolerated.
thanks! ;)

Roddy..... competition for business will keep prices in check for those who do not want to have a garden. With that said...... this is a positive thread...... because by reading all sides we get a better understanding of different views...... but..... do not let it degrade to name calling and/or a pissing contest...... we are all adults...... we will not agree on all things........ but we are all here for the same reason.

Grower13 said:
Roddy..... competition for business will keep prices in check for those who do not want to have a garden. With that said...... this is a positive thread...... because by reading all sides we get a better understanding of different views...... but..... do not let it degrade to name calling and/or a pissing contest...... we are all adults...... we will not agree on all things........ but we are all here for the same reason.

If you check back on all the threads, you'll note I like to be civil, I don't "start" the crap. Not sure why you singled me to say that to.

I think probably, only the first sentence should be interpreted as 'directed at you', roddy. ie.."with that said".... ;) we need to be careful not only what/how we "say" things, but how we 'interpret' them as well.
DON'T allow different ideas and views to become personal.

Hick said:
I think probably, only the first sentence should be interpreted as 'directed at you', roddy. ie.."with that said".... ;) we need to be careful not only what/how we "say" things, but how we 'interpret' them as well.
DON'T allow different ideas and views to become personal.

Ahh, gotcha....sorry, a bit "gunshy" ;)

My apologies, G13, taken wrongly!

Latest posts

Back