Underneath leaves, how do I get there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sopappy

Reaction score
I want to apply my tea to the leaves. The tops are easy but how do you get the bottoms. I have an upside down sprayer but it mists, too small, kills microbes. Can I paint the bottoms with a basting brush?

Mist away. Your sprayer won't hurt the microherd.

My microherd likes it when i take a big gulp in my mouth (to keep them warm) then lay on my back and blow it up from the bottom! Kinda messey though.

Just drench them, they will get all the nutes they need. Mojo sopappy.

Just drench them, they will get all the nutes they need. Mojo sopappy.

It's a bug thing, Rose. Apparently if you coat 70% of both sides, keeps them bastids away.

The other hard thing is you have avoid to avoid blasting them and instead, "parachute" the droplets, how do you do that?
Gravity keeps messing me up.

Mist away. Your sprayer won't hurt the microherd.

I'm pretty sure you can NOT mist microbes, however the proof evades me. I read the holes are way too small for teas, you have to use a concrete sprayer and I'm not forking over for one of those.

Been misting compost teas for yrs with cheap pump up sprayers. Never noticed a problem.

Sopappy, a pump up sprayer is fine. You shouldn't use a centrifuge pump when working with microbes as it tears them up. Like I brew my tea under shelter right next to my house and have to lug the tea to my plants in the back yard as the submersible pump I have would damage the microbes. You can however use a pump up sprayer and not hurt the microbes. I credit my lack of bugs and disease to using teas to mist the plants throughout the growing season.

The other hard thing is you have avoid to avoid blasting them and instead, "parachute" the droplets, how do you do that?
Gravity keeps messing me up.

Ask Mother Nature. If anyone would know it would be her. :)

Sopappy, a pump up sprayer is fine. You shouldn't use a centrifuge pump when working with microbes as it tears them up. Like I brew my tea under shelter right next to my house and have to lug the tea to my plants in the back yard as the submersible pump I have would damage the microbes. You can however use a pump up sprayer and not hurt the microbes. I credit my lack of bugs and disease to using teas to mist the plants throughout the growing season.

Oh jeeze, from Mother Nature to THG... I could really blow this!

I'm not one to disagree with you THG but Jeffry tells me I need a 1mm hole at least to pass them nemotodes and such.
Those watering cans have 2mm holes (ok for fatty nemotodes)
But I can't even see the tiny holes on my misters, mister :)
And how do you get mist from a 1mm hole anyways

I bet one of those water bottles with that long stem on it the atheletes' use could spray under there, must go measure that hole.

Heeeeey, that's a neat trick..... I buggerred off to get a picture of a water bottle (forgetting about thos post) AND IT SAVED IT!
WoW, that's huge.

I see the dam bottles on the benches every hockey game but I suck at procurement... closest to it I could find but I bottle.GIF

bet it works.

Been misting compost teas for yrs with cheap pump up sprayers. Never noticed a problem.

I read one mm, the holes on watering cans are about 2
I don't see how you can get a mist from 1mm hole.
your nemotodes aren't getting through I tells ya :)

I read one mm, the holes on watering cans are about 2
I don't see how you can get a mist from 1mm hole.
your nemotodes aren't getting through I tells ya :)
Wonder where they go? Sprayer will empty itself when spraying.
The nemotodes we are dealing with average 0.03 to 0.3 mm in size. They can pass thru a 1 mm opening with no problems.

Wonder where they go? Sprayer will empty itself when spraying.
The nemotodes we are dealing with average 0.03 to 0.3 mm in size. They can pass thru a 1 mm opening with no problems.

I'll have to take your word on that because I am NOT doing any more reading today
pens.GIF

Latest posts

Back