Unmasking a male

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teckS

Reaction score
i have no freakin clue what this is.. it keep trickin me ... some days it lookes like there are going to shoot out little hairs.. some days it looks like they are gonna turn into little sacs... i cant tell.. any opions?

this is the plant in question

boy2.JPG

boy3.JPG

boy4.JPG

boy.JPG

teckS said:
i have no freakin clue what this is.. it keep trickin me ... some days it lookes like there are going to shoot out little hairs.. some days it looks like they are gonna turn into little sacs... i cant tell.. any opions?

this is the plant in question
Whats up teckS. I don't see anything right now that would make me say male or female.

ok... at least there is still hope... :S hows it lookin btw?

teckS said:
ok... at least there is still hope... :S hows it lookin btw?
She is looking great. Do you have her in flower?

Just be patient. ;) Id say you still have a couple weeks before you can ID male/female for sure. Good luck and keep us posted

We know that the one is a female.. i can show pics its just the other one hasnt showed preflowers but we are only in the second day of flowering. Other then that the plants are in great health have alternating nodes.. alot .. and one is showing pre flowers so we know we can at least clone that one and let its bud for us. But hey well see what happens.

Pistils_BITCH.jpg

we know we can at least clone that one and let its bud for us
..now is the time, before you have her in flower for an extended time.

there are at least 12 good shoots that can be used for cloning on our female plant.. i want to get more plants going, if i were to chop off 8 shoots and clone them.. how muhc would my yeild drop?

mmmmmmmm...MHO, taking 8 cuts from a plant with only 12 branches, might be over doing it. At least if they're all taken in a single session. It might possibly be more shock than she can quicly recover from.
I'd take no more than 4 now, give her a week or 10 days to heal/recover, before takeing the other four.

I agree with Hick. Stoney Bud put it a great way once. no more than 1/3 of the plant mass. so if you have 12 branches you could take a max of 4 branches.

lol, ok good i didn;t read these posts before i did it, but i went with my gut feeling ( which was 8 was too much) and took 4 from each. the plants are looking great and are still growing normally despite the clones being taken, and the clones are doing alright,.... the ones that i took off the "possibly" male are kinda droopy and the ones i took off the "for sure" female are looking great. Whats the deal? all 8 are getting the same light and watering, 2x20watt Gro-Lux on 24 hours and i water them about once a day because they get REALLY dry in those jiffy cups. Any suggestions on my little clones??... the clones near the bottom of the pic are the droopy ones from the droopy plant in the 2nd picture

clones.JPG

droopy.JPG

also i am aware that the lacking of an air tight area to grow these in is not gonna be good, but any help to get these little guys growing withOUT a humidity dome would be much appreciated

EDIT - Ok i have got the clones in an tub with plastic wrap over the top.. im going to give it some air each day making the air time longer each day, now how can i fix these droopy guys.. should i be giving them nutes this early?

Honestly in pics 1 and 3 it looks a lot to me, like that plant is male. I can see the starting of male flowers. I could be wrong, but that is what I see.

thats what ive been worried about, but we took 4 clones off both so if it turn out to be a male we can just kill it and kill its 4 clones and hope for the best with the 4 females
... i REALLY hope its not a male tho.. would ****

i have got my fingers crossed for ya, tecks, I could be wrong as i said, I just wanted to let you know what I think I saw

are you misting the clones at all, tecks?...a "light"misting once or twice p/day, might perk 'em up. Ph adjusted plain water, or a very diluted flowering fert, sometimes helps rooting on difficult strains.

*sigh*, i woke up this morning to check on my plants..... only to see that the "unknown" sex plant was flaunting its balls... sucks
ohh well
im prolly gonna have to kill it soon right??? the clones i had of it... i killed.. on purpose.. and i got 4 more sexy female clones off of the female.. now i have 1 female flowering and 8 nice little clones... how and when are the best choices for getting rid of this balzy male?

Latest posts

Back