unsubscribe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
Hello , why all of a sudden am I being blasted with posts from this site after years of inactivity ? And why is it impossible to unsubscribe ? cant I just be polite and unsubscribe or do I have to make a scene ?

You should be able to unsubscribe inside the email I assume you are receiving...I don’t guarantee that but if I recall, that’s what I did...I am not admin though...

Dear admins, please delete my account.

Since GDPR now gives users "right to be forgotten", I think that functionality should be made available through the account panel. Thank you.

Just FYI....Deleting a user's account does little to nothing except stop them from logging in again. It doesn't remove the user's name or their content. It places a "guest" title under their name and that's about it.

Most forum programmers/designers have found that deleting a user's content can be very confusing to the forum. Posts are often quoted and it can really screw up the flow of a thread if content is removed here and there. Especially if it is a veteran user with a zillion posts. So, for this reason almost every forum software I have used is this way.

Once a user's account is deleted, I think it becomes impossible to remove or edit their posts. Even for an admin, which is odd. @Angie , is that true? I find it hard to believe that an admin can not edit ANY post, regardless if it is a deleted account or not.

If a user ever requests his posts to be removed also, you can use the spam tool. It's not what it was designed for but it works.

What I always used to do was to change the user's name, remove any personal info and let it ride. That way, all the posts remain intact. The user is satisfied because their name is gone (if they wanted that) and the content remains so the forum stays smooth flowing.

I also found that so many users asked me to delete their account after a fight with another member or members. LMAO Then, after they calm down they want their account back. Deleted accounts CAN NOT be reactivated. At least they never could be before. We don't have that problem here at MP because you guys don't allow political discussions (thank god) but most forums allow them and they always end up hating and screaming and the thread always ends up CLOSED. LMAO

Latest posts

Back