Upstate New York Growers Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mal_crane

Reaction score
Any upstate New Yorkers getting their seeds started for their outdoor grows? I'm usually an indoor guy myself but this year I am unable to produce any indoor yield for reasons beyond my control. So I've decided to try my hand at some outdoor grows. Anybody up for having a friendly competition to see who can yield the biggest and best outdoor plants in NY? Let's show everybody what this state can produce!

The general rule of thumb around these parts is, if you start seeds while you're thinkin of your loved ones on Feb 14, then you will have time to sex your plants before putting them outdoors so that you will have 100 percent females to harvest. I've had my seeds started for about 1.5 weeks. Any other New Yorkers going to join me?

I'd like to keep tabs on this thread I'm curious about outdoor growing and am a NY Native but i don't know the first thing about the seasons temps etc. Keep this thread alive!

Upstate NY is a great place for outdoor. You should get clones if you can due to the 100% female. If not Start them from seed now and veg. them for a while. The longer the better. You can never put them out too big, especially in upstate NY due to the crazy amount of woods. Put them after what you think is the last frost. They will live even if they are small as long as the frosts are over.

FirstTimeGrow said:
Naw, I can't..Otherwise I would. They need to be 100% outdoors...

So you're planning to put seeds directly in the ground then? Good luck to ya man and keep us posted once you get those seeds out there!

Ekoostik are you from ny? That's pretty early to put your plants out where I am. Usually the chance of frost can happen right up to the end of april. We usually don't dare put anything out before May 1st. Guess it's just a personal preference. I decided that the plants I was going to use for my outdoor this year will be a quick 12/12 indoor grow and I won't start the seeds I'm putting outside until after I get back from florida.

Sweetnug, upstate NY is great for growing. I seem to know a ton more outdoor growers in the area than indoor. I plan to start seeds in early- to mid-march and veg them until the end of april when I will sex them so that only females will be taken out on May 1st, when I will plant them.

Upstate New York in the Hizzy. :p Were not gonna be starting anything for outdoors until the end of next month. ;) Damn i got me freaking months mixed up. :p We have a few going right now for clones i hope but were not gonna be starting seeds until the end of next month. :hubba:

Wow there are more people from upstate ny than I thought! Where's everybody from? Western, central, southeastern, northern? No need for exact locations just looking to see the demographics.

Thanks for the frost dates Hick. I was pretty sure there was still a chance of frost up to may.

Can't wait to get back from Florida in a couple weeks to get those plants started so they can be sexed before they head out to the great outdoors.

Too bad we coulden't safely give out our locations....I think I'm going to plant them in 3-5 gal pots.. I have 19 bagseeds.

lol, I'm on the island....but i visit my grandma in Albany? She tells me to "roll my own" lol. She's a riot.

Anything Indica as you want something that will finish before the end of October. ;) FROST! :eek:
growguy said:
Whats a good strain to grow in upstate ny?

I am finishing up in a month but I will be starting seeds around the end of march and putting them out the first or second week of June. I can't believe how many people are from Upstate.

Latest posts

Back