Urgent Confirmation of a Hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you are in cure stage (duh I should read all the way back)
Have you jarred those buds yet, if so get them out they are still too moist
But if it is mold its already all over the rest of your buds .
Hey Black Hydra,

I pulled them out the jars straight away. They were dry to the touch going in, and I was giving 4 hours out of their jars per day. They seemed to going well, and the smell was developing nicely.

I treated them as above and have them in a room with air-conditioning set on dry.

There is still one in a pot which is showing no signs, but I treated it anyway.

I'll check them all soonish and let you all know how it looks.

Cheers

I hope it works, and yes, please let us know how it turns out. I am battling spider mites near the end of flower, and one of my approaches is to close the vents with a pest strip in the room. That is allowing the heat and humidity to rise with just recirculating air flow. Seems like a recipe for PM which would fit right in with how this grow has been going : ) If it works for you, I may be copying it soon.
Hey Crash,
No worries, I will.
Muggy

As long as you're clutching at straws, why not try H2O2 on a few buds and your apple cider concoction on a few others? It would make a good case study.
I've already gone down the Apple Cider vinegar route, but it would make a good case study.
Muggy

I suggest researching proper drying before jarring for cure
I use the mini hydrometers like below and dry in paper bags when near dry
I use the meter to ballpark at 63% then jar to start 2 weeks of burping and meter in jar to watch humidity is on point. if way to high I remove and allow them to dry more in open.
1652996663719.png

Attachments

• 1652996664342.png
    1652996664342.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 1
I suggest researching proper drying before jarring for cure
I use the mini hydrometers like below and dry in paper bags when near dry
I use the meter to ballpark at 63% then jar to start 2 weeks of burping and meter in jar to watch humidity is on point. if way to high I remove and allow them to dry more in open.
View attachment 297427
Thanks Hydra,
I had researched it, but obviously got it slightly wrong.
I didn't use a metre though. Like I said, they were dry to the touch going in,.and getting approx 4 hours a day out of the jars. I figured that I would be able to switch to burping in a couple more days from now.

On another note, here is picture of the same bud from yesterday after treating it with the Apple Cider vinegar.

Virtually no sign of mould or mildew, but it has shrunk a fair bit. Also dried out a lot quicker than I thought they would.

A couple of the other buds have the tiniest amount still on them, so I'll retreat at some point today.

Seems to have worked, but we'll find out soon enough.

Muggy

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_074426.jpg
    IMG_20220520_074426.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
I hope it works, and yes, please let us know how it turns out. I am battling spider mites near the end of flower, and one of my approaches is to close the vents with a pest strip in the room. That is allowing the heat and humidity to rise with just recirculating air flow. Seems like a recipe for PM which would fit right in with how this grow has been going : ) If it works for you, I may be copying it soon.

here is picture of the same bud from yesterday after treating it with the Apple Cider vinegar.

Virtually no sign of mould or mildew, but it has shrunk a fair bit. Also dried out a lot quicker than I thought they would.

A couple of the other buds have the tiniest amount still on them, so I'll retreat at some point today.

Seems to have worked, but we'll find out soon enough.

Muggy

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_074426.jpg
    IMG_20220520_074426.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2
I myself would not smoke it.
Good Luck
Fair enough.

I still might not. We'll see.

I've still got one in a pot which is almost ready and the weather, although will be terribly wet for the next few days, is then supposed to be drier and cooler.

Hopefully better conditions for when I start drying and curing it.

I was hoping to not have to pay for pot this year, but we'll see.

Cheers

Fair enough.

I still might not. We'll see.

I've still got one in a pot which is almost ready and the weather, although will be terribly wet for the next few days, is then supposed to be drier and cooler.

Hopefully better conditions for when I start drying and curing it.

I was hoping to not have to pay for pot this year, but we'll see.

Cheers
I have a dehumidifier that I set to 60% when drying in damp weather
I have a drying room like a cigar humidor setup when I have had large dries.
I have never gotten mold when hanging to dry are you in a rain forest country?
I hang mine with a fan running not pointed at buds on oscillate. I start checking them when they feel dry to the touch and squeeze. I than move them to a garbage can with paper bags (below)
And place hydrometers in the Boveda bag in jar and watch the meter .

1652998876933.png

n theory this will get you dried plants at roughly 62-65 %
Jar with a 62% boveda pack for 60 days and it's as cured as it needs to be
friend show me this a while back and works for me. That is his photo

I have a dehumidifier that I set to 60% when drying in damp weather
I have a drying room like a cigar humidor setup when I have had large dries.
I have never gotten mold when hanging to dry are you in a rain forest country?
I hang mine with a fan running not pointed at buds on oscillate. I start checking them when they feel dry to the touch and squeeze. I than move them to a garbage can with paper bags (below)
And place hydrometers in the Boveda bag in jar and watch the meter .

View attachment 297432
n theory this will get you dried plants at roughly 62-65 %
Jar with a 62% boveda pack for 60 days and it's as cured as it needs to be
friend show me this a while back and works for me. That is his photo
That's a good set up.

No, not in a rain Forrest. We usually have fairly defined wet and dry seasons here. Right now, we should be 4 to 6 weeks into our dry season. The last 7 to 8 years we were officially in drought, but this year it just keeps raining bucket loads. Sick of it to be honest.

On the up side, the water tanks are full which is the first time in a long time.

I've set up a spare room that's air-conditioned and has humidity control, so the next plant I pull up will be getting cured in there as long as the son doesn't bring the grand kids for a visit.

Hopefully it will work out, and I'll be better prepared for next season here.

This was all a bit of a test grow to re-learn as I hadn't grown in 30 years.

All in all, learnt a lot so I'm counting it as a success, now that I am over my initial disappointment.

Muggy

You know, you can take fresh bud right off the plant and stick it in a food dehydrator at 110 degrees for three hours, take it out and smoke it. Yum... It's still wet enough to be cured in jars at that point as well. Just saying.

You know, you can take fresh bud right off the plant and stick it in a food dehydrator at 110 degrees for three hours, take it out and smoke it. Yum... It's still wet enough to be cured in jars at that point as well. Just saying.
Back when I was a kid (middle teens) and knew nothing about pot except that I liked to smoke it, I tried growing a couple of times. I used to put fan leaves in my toaster oven and smoke them. Always got a good headache and nothing else. I assumed THC was in the plant not the trichomes(ffs I didn’t know what a trichome was). I have learned a thing or two since…

Back when I was a kid (middle teens) and knew nothing about pot except that I liked to smoke it, I tried growing a couple of times. I used to put fan leaves in my toaster oven and smoke them. Always got a good headache and nothing else. I assumed THC was in the plant not the trichomes(ffs I didn’t know what a trichome was). I have learned a thing or two since…
My 1st weed plants were at age 16 I waiting all summer for them to grow
Never budded , and I dried the whole plant with dirt in hot attic upside down thinking the good stuff would flow into the leaves , Boy was I wrong, my friends and I had a good weed & Headache supply that yr

I always wondered how you folks stop the blood from rushing to your heads living upside down… ;)
Some great bands come from your way though. Hunters and Collectors have been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. Saw them open up for Midnight Oil once. Peter Garrett’s head had steam coming off of it during Midnight Oils set. Great show.

Latest posts

Back