Urgent Confirmation of a Hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great bands come from your way though. Hunters and Collectors have been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. Saw them open up for Midnight Oil once. Peter Garrett’s head had steam coming off of it during Midnight Oils set. Great show.
Yep, Love the Hunters myself. Like the Oils too, but I don't like Peter Garrets politics.

If you like Aussie bands, you could check out Cold Chisel, Powder Finger and the list goes on..

Muggy, glad you found something that worked. With my lousy lungs, I'd take a gamble and take a couple of tokes just to see.
I never used the high tech stuff. I spread the buds out on the kitchen table on newspaper, turned on the ceiling fan to medium, and let 'er rip for 4-5 hours. When they felt dry enough, I'd push 'em in a pile. After another hour or two, I'd jar them without the lids. Next day, I'd put the lids on, but monitor them carefully when I burped 'em a couple of times a day.
Kind of a caveman way to do it, but I never had any mold on me. Don't worry if you get them a little too dry before you jar 'em up 'cause it always seems like they moisten back up a little when jarred. YMMV, but it works for me.

Muggy, glad you found something that worked. With my lousy lungs, I'd take a gamble and take a couple of tokes just to see.
I never used the high tech stuff. I spread the buds out on the kitchen table on newspaper, turned on the ceiling fan to medium, and let 'er rip for 4-5 hours. When they felt dry enough, I'd push 'em in a pile. After another hour or two, I'd jar them without the lids. Next day, I'd put the lids on, but monitor them carefully when I burped 'em a couple of times a day.
Kind of a caveman way to do it, but I never had any mold on me. Don't worry if you get them a little too dry before you jar 'em up 'cause it always seems like they moisten back up a little when jarred. YMMV, but it works for me.
Hey Hippie,

I'm not very high tech either, that's why I chose to grow in pots outdoors when I started again. Never had any problems I couldn't fix along the way by using Epson salts, baking soda or vinegar, all diluted of course. A little bit of Seasol and a natural oil bug spray as well.

Just this shitty mould during curing which I put down to weather conditions. Should have dried them a bit more first in an air-conditioned room. I did consider it.

Just retreated the curing buds with the Apple Cider Vinegar mix. I'll leave them out in the air conditioning for 24 hours and see how they fair. If all good, I'll pop them back in jars and see how they go.

If it doesn't come back, I'll give it a go for sure.

Cheers

Yep, Love the Hunters myself. Like the Oils too, but I don't like Peter Garrets politics.

If you like Aussie bands, you could check out Cold Chisel, Powder Finger and the list goes on..
I don’t agree with Garrets politics either. It is easy to be have his views when you are rich. Will check out Cold Chisel and Powder Finger. The names are familiar but I don’t know if I have heard their music. Mrs Fogey and I checked out Colin Hay last summer. Front row center. Good show but I am pretty sure he and I think differently. I also know he is Scottish so not really Aussie…

I don’t agree with Garrets politics either. It is easy to be have his views when you are rich. Will check out Cold Chisel and Powder Finger. The names are familiar but I don’t know if I have heard their music. Mrs Fogey and I checked out Colin Hay last summer. Front row center. Good show but I am pretty sure he and I think differently. I also know he is Scottish so not really Aussie…
Garret ran for a seat in the Senate for our Labor Party,.(Our version of your Democrats), and was elected just prior the GFC. Total disaster. Lasted one term. He still mouths off with his views at concerts here. He should just stick to singing.

Colin Hay is good. Your right he is Scottish.

Check those bands out. I think you will like them. Different eras and really quite different from each other. Of course there are the Aussie bands everyone knows like AC/DC and INXS Silverchair.Check this guy out https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Q8TV6BAgMEAI&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Try this link.
The last link didn't work so try this one.

I hope it works, and yes, please let us know how it turns out. I am battling spider mites near the end of flower, and one of my approaches is to close the vents with a pest strip in the room. That is allowing the heat and humidity to rise with just recirculating air flow. Seems like a recipe for PM which would fit right in with how this grow has been going : ) If it works for you, I may be copying it soon.

be careful with that pest strip , that is some toxic sh-it for humans and I would not smoke it if you are using them in flower

https://doh.wa.gov/community-and-environment/contaminants/pesticides/pest-strips

Yeah i dont use those.
I use yellow fly swatters with petroleum jelly. The holes in the fly swatter holds the jelly and the bugs are attracted to the yellow on the swatter and they get stuck to the petroleum jelly. You can clean them real easy and re use. works great for gnats and white flies. Just cut the end if the metal handle off where it will stick in the pots or ground.
Also another thing you can do is put petroleum jelly from the base of your stalk up to the first limb to keep bugs from crawling from the ground up your stalk and onto the plant.

Yeah i dont use those.
I use yellow fly swatters with petroleum jelly. The holes in the fly swatter holds the jelly and the bugs are attracted to the yellow on the swatter and they get stuck to the petroleum jelly. You can clean them real easy and re use. works great for gnats and white flies. Just cut the end if the metal handle off where it will stick in the pots or ground.
Also another thing you can do is put petroleum jelly from the base of your stalk up to the first limb to keep bugs from crawling from the ground up your stalk and onto the plant.
Simple genius is the goal. Market that idea! “Hoppers Bug Stoppers” TM…

The stuff, Dichlorvos, is very water soluble. In effect, it rinses off. At least it does with short term exposure, if it gets absorbed into the buds, I'm screwed. I don't plan to smoke anything still coated with the stuff.

I also plan to test samples of the rinsed bud with one of the home tests available, like this one. If any of the bud shows contamination, I'll toss it all and never use the strips again. But if it all tests clean, I will have a reasonably effective short term defense for future grows.

Latest posts

Back