Urgent: help/advice needed my light timers failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tastyness

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Hate to jump in with an emergency but I know my smart friends here will have an answer.
I just discovered that my 12-12 lights were ON when they should be OFF.

This must have happened in only the last few days- the timer though still set properly somehow mis-functioned and didn't turn the lights OFF at the regular time (9:00 AM). The schedule they've been on for weeks is (dark from 9:00 AM-9:00 PM) and (lights blazing from 9:00 PM to 9:00 AM)

I'm hoping this just failed today and I discovered the problem at 2:00 PM.
However, this could have potentially started on Friday the 13th.

The girls are between 3-5 weeks of the 12/12 schedule and are showing lovely trichomes with good heads. Threads are still white and just starting to go rust colored.

So do I just put them back on regular schedule tonight?
Leave them dark for 31 hours and start them back on a regular schedule.
I have 10 lovely ladies that are totally confused and I am kind of freaking out.
Thanks y'all.
Tastyness

breathe. Go ahead and put them back in regular hours asap. No 31 hours of dark. Depending on how long it was like this will determine how bad it is. If it was just a day, it should be alright. Just make sure everything else is good. Stuff happens.. Most of us have had that happen. Hang in, you got this.

Think you will be ok, especially if it was just one day. My last grow, I had a light stay on all night. Don`t think that hurt anything, even though I had one hermie on me. The hermie was a soil related issue I believe. Was trying a new soil on part of the garden. Did not like it at all as it would not dry out.

Relax. Accidents happen. You can generally get away with this once. However, there is nothing to do now but to put them on the regular light schedule and keep an eye on them.

Yooper, hermies are far more apt to happen from lighting problems than a different soil. I would be very surprised if the hermie was caused by the soil and not the light.

Thanks everyone. I've had such a smooth run this time, thanks to all the great training I had here. My first time I ran my lights by hand. This time I had a nice expensive digital timer WITH battery backup. And for some reason, even though all the settings were correct, the darn light was blasting away.
So what do I watch for hermie wise? Do I have to keep an eye out from now till the very end, or if they are going to morph, would it be sooner rather than later.
I've missed all you guys, but we are under strict constraints right now and have to be super duper low profile. Hopefully that will change in about 6 months.
Thanks goodness for this group. :D

THG,
Had 3 plants in the new soil, 2 males were burnt. The female did not dry out for 10 days or so. Soil was junk. My thought, but I know you have way more growing under your belt then I do. Which means you are probably right.

Latest posts

Back