urgent problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
i dunno if anyone heard, but new jersey got hit hard last night by a severe electrical/thunderstrom. all my power will be out for a few days. if i just leave my plants in the dark till i get power back. how bad will that be? i'm 5 weeks into flowering. or should i go get a gas powered generator. relocation is not a possibility

I would get some light in there pilgrem burn candles buy battery operated lights generator be good idea to ifin yual have the ability but IMO yual dont want them sittin to dark for as yual say couple days will cause stress i believe. Any light be good light to keep them from gettin confused. Hope yual gets it fixed friend.

BWD

I agree with BWD. even a little light can help them stay on schedule. it'll just be like a cloudy few days. A few years ago I left town for a few days and unplugged my HID and substituted a 20W flouro, and all was well, they hardly drank any water(DWC) but they finished out nicely a month later.

if a portable genny is in the budget and practical/safe in your situation then hell... why not? Might be hard to find if everyone's power is out though?

I have several propane lanterns that I use during shorter power outages. I do have a generator for longer ones. I am with BWD--get light in there somehow. Even being in front of a window will help keep the plants flowering.

should i go get a gas powered generator.

Check to see if ballasts are compatible with a generator.

I Had a lights out episode myself for 2 to 3 days with no problems.

I would be real iffy about hooking digital ballasts to a generator as they tend to put out a lot of oscillations which digital stuff does not like. magnetic ballasts shouldn't be an issue.

thanks for all the responses. too bad i couldn't even get to a computer to read any of them till about 20 mins ago when the power went back on. only reason i was able to make the thread is b/c i was at my aunts for my niece's birthday party. but wasn't able to access the computer after making the thread, b/c too many people sitting inside (it was HOT yesterday).

so basically the plants got about a total of 36hrs of complete darkness(at the time i thought was the best idea). on top of that, since i had no air conditioning for 36 hrs. one of the girls developed a moderate case of heat stress. she's isn't very happy atm the moment :-( no hermies YET, and gonna keep a very close eye on them for the next week or 2.

on a upnote all 8 of the clones started rooting. i bet they LOVED the high natural humidity(90% humidity yesterday)

not able to get a generator cause every store was out of power lol. its a cfl grow so no issues with ballasts and generators

Glad the power is back on. They should be fine once they get over the heat stress. cool green mojo :)

Latest posts

Back