Urine plus water plus sugar = co2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thc is good for me

I smoke Marijuana Blunts
Reaction score
Urine plus water plus sugar = co2 is this true i read in one of the growing articals on this site that you can make co2 by mixing water sugar and a few CCs of urine

IS THIS TRUE

not sure bro, any experts about??

i have read that if you mix 8 ounces of urine to 1 gallon of water it is good for veg.

This might work if you have a yeast infection (the sugar ferments)
But why would you want that urine stench in your grow room.
The amount of gas produced would be nominal IMO

The article in the marijuana passion grow guide says to add a few CCs of urine not alot and i tried it with one 2 liter you cant smell urine at all.

Yeah I read that before too...Don't know how true it is though....

CO2 is a waste unless you know what your doing. Is there a blanket response to these CO2 threads somewhere. Everything I have read tells me the odds of you doing anything to benefit your plants are little to none. The mix it yourself is worthless but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

I am considering CO2 but my space is small and air tight. The reflector is enclosed so I can move air without moving CO2. I am also confident I can steadily maintain the higher temps during the light on cycle. I also know enough to use the search button to learn how to calculate the proper rate of CO2 release for my square footage. Finally I dont do anything half *** so a regulator and tank are bare necessities

Piss in a bottle plus yeast for CO2? Sure it produces CO2 but so does breathing. Sounds to me like you are bored staring at your plants so you now you want to **** with them. This is usually path that will lead to disaster.

Mr. Bubbles said:
CO2 is a waste unless you know what your doing. Is there a blanket response to these CO2 threads somewhere. Everything I have read tells me the odds of you doing anything to benefit your plants are little to none. The mix it yourself is worthless but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

I am considering CO2 but my space is small and air tight. The reflector is enclosed so I can move air without moving CO2. I am also confident I can steadily maintain the higher temps during the light on cycle. I also know enough to use the search button to learn how to calculate the proper rate of CO2 release for my square footage. Finally I dont do anything half *** so a regulator and tank are bare necessities

Piss in a bottle plus yeast for CO2? Sure it produces CO2 but so does breathing. Sounds to me like you are bored staring at your plants so you now you want to **** with them. This is usually path that will lead to disaster.

lol,ya the more attention you give your plants the slower they will grow.:hitchair:

''A MUCH cheaper way to provide CO2 is 2 Oz sugar in 2 liters of water in a bottle [sterilized 1st with bleach and water, then rinsed], plus a few cc urine[!] or if you insist, yeast nutrient from a home brewing supplier. Add a brewing yeast, shake up and keep at 25 deg celsius[~70 F] . Over next 2 weeks or so it will brew up about ? Oz CO2 for every Oz sugar used. Keep a few going at once, starting a new one every 3 days or so. With added CO2 growth is phenomenal!!! I personally measured 38cm growth in 8 days under a 250watt HPS bulb[tubular clear, Horizontal mount]''

This was taken from the marijuana passion grow guide.

Mr.bubbles you are a Negative Nancy. I read this in the Marijuana passion grow guide i was just curious.

I am not buying it, there has to be blanket thread to shoot these theories down. Surely someone has followed a DIY CO2 guide and measured the amount of CO2 released from these techniques. Where are all the science nerds when you need them.

Regulators and tanks are not that expensive at all. They are much easier to maintain the correct level with the use of a timer. Most DIY systems are very inconsistent, they can never be as consistent as a tank or a generator, they are hands down the best.

we all know co2 tanks and regs are better but i dont have one of those yet i will be buying one but not untill the next grow in two monthes i just wanted a cheap way to make co2 untill then.

You mean that co2 will not help a room unless its too hot??? 90+ is too hot for co2!!! 85 max, 80 perfect. Co2 will have anywhere from a 10-50% increase in all plant functions. Co2 is actually always needed in every room(that has enough light) and the closer that the ppm of the co2 stays around 1500 ppm the faster, bigger and better growth. Every plant needs co2 to eat, the more the better.

I am sorry if I am being negative. I would love nothing more than his topic being laid to rest with some scientific data. Surely someone will come along with some solid information.

I do not see 1 * DIY 12 oz bottle providing adequate CO2 for a computer case grow. Surely my little 3 x 3 x 5 airtight can not be sustained by such. So thinking the average closet grow is going to benefit just does not seem logical. If you are not airtight then you have to factor in some type of exchange rate into your formula.

What do I know, I am high.. Most of my thinking comes from reading I have zero experience.

sweetnug said:
You mean that co2 will not help a room unless its too hot??? 90+ is too hot for co2!!! 85 max, 80 perfect. Co2 will have anywhere from a 10-50% increase in all plant functions. Co2 is actually always needed in every room(that has enough light) and the closer that the ppm of the co2 stays around 1500 ppm the faster, bigger and better growth. Every plant needs co2 to eat, the more the better.

90+ is to hot for CO2 ? I was considering CO2 not for growth so much as a method to combat some of the summer temps. Sounds like you may be suggesting otherwise. In two months the decision will be CO2 or AC :)

90+ is not a temp that any plant should be grown in. Anywhere between 90-95 depending on strain will all but stop growing. Co2 does let you grow at higher temps. but those temps are too high. Get an a/c, that would be your best bet.

Latest posts

Back