Urine plus water plus sugar = co2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KingKahuuna said:
Yo Ho peoples,
I don't mean to laugh at anyone in particular, but I do get a laugh out of some of this.
KingKahuuna

Please do not take this the wrong way. I find all of your post in this thread off topic. This thread is not about fertilizers ;)

Surely I am just high but my hope is we discuss DIY CO2 production and just how effective this method really is.

For those of you who have larger areas that you want to maximize CO2 in, the "Johnson CO2 Generator" may be a good deal.

Under a thousand bucks for a complete, total CO2 maximization in up to 4,000 square feet.

XXX.johnsongas.com/industrial/CO2Gen.asp

(Replace the XXX with www and paste it into your browser)

Yea 90-95 is crazy but if you cant afford a AC or Cooling unit then you can buy a IONIZER it will bring the temp down to about 80 -85. It also strerlizes the air.(plus built in timer on recent models)Hope this helps

Cole said:
Yea 90-95 is crazy but if you cant afford a AC or Cooling unit then you can buy a IONIZER it will bring the temp down to about 80 -85. It also sterilizes the air.(plus built in timer on recent models)Hope this helps

I think perhaps you didn't look at the chart that was offered.

At 98.6 degrees F, **IF** the lighting, nutrients AND CO2 are maximized, the photosynthesis is also maximized.

Keep in mind that only 1.4 degrees higher will have very, very negative effects on the plant. This type of accuracy is done in a lab or with a system that uses very precise temperature controls.

If all aspects of the grow are maximized and the temps are at about 85 to 90 degrees and ALWAYS kept below 100 F, then yes, the plants will grow at an astronomical rate.

One step over 100 and you start backing up.

If the plant doesn't have maximized water and oxygen to the roots, nutrients and light, then adding maximized CO2 is a waste of time and money.

Maximized water and oxygen to the roots = Ebb and flow hydroponics only. This isn't debatable unless you go with Aeroponics, and it's prone to problems that don't happen with ebb and flow.

Maximized nutrients = For ebb and flow, any properly mixed hydro nutrient made for marijuana.

Maximized lighting = 6,000 Lumens per/square foot of growing area.

If you use those parts of the total equation, your plants will grow as fast as they are able to under PERFECT circumstances.

POTUS said:
I think perhaps you didn't look at the chart that was offered.

At 98.6 degrees F, **IF** the lighting, nutrients AND CO2 are maximized, the photosynthesis is also maximized.

Keep in mind that only 1.4 degrees higher will have very, very negative effects on the plant. This type of accuracy is done in a lab or with a system that uses very precise temperature controls.

If all aspects of the grow are maximized and the temps are at about 85 to 90 degrees and ALWAYS kept below 100 F, then yes, the plants will grow at an astronomical rate.

One step over 100 and you start backing up.

If the plant doesn't have maximized water and oxygen to the roots, nutrients and light, then adding maximized CO2 is a waste of time and money.

Maximized water and oxygen to the roots = Ebb and flow hydroponics only. This isn't debatable unless you go with Aeroponics, and it's prone to problems that don't happen with ebb and flow.

Maximized nutrients = For ebb and flow, any properly mixed hydro nutrient made for marijuana.

Maximized lighting = 6,000 Lumens per/square foot of growing area.

If you use those parts of the total equation, your plants will grow as fast as they are able to under PERFECT circumstances.

Excellent post.
I do however, disagree with the statement that ebb n flow or aero is the only way to provide proper aeration of the nutrient solution. Any type of hydroponics can provide ample oxygenation of nutrient solution. Key word is "can". Just about any type of system can be made to provide ample aeration and therefore maximum O2 levels in the nutrient solution.
Cheers

Useless said:
Excellent post.
I do however, disagree with the statement that ebb n flow or aero is the only way to provide proper aeration of the nutrient solution. Any type of hydroponics can provide ample oxygenation of nutrient solution. Key word is "can". Just about any type of system can be made to provide ample aeration and therefore maximum O2 levels in the nutrient solution.
Cheers

Thank you. However, I'm very sorry but Ebb and Flow has been proven to supply the most oxygen to the root system.

There is no debating it.

There is a HUGE difference between "Ample" and "Most".

I was referring to supplying the MOST oxygen to the roots to provide MAXIMUM growth using MAXIMUM conditions favorable to photosynthesis.

Ebb and Flow is it. Nothing else even comes close.

IF you want to maximize the oxygenation to the root system, Aeroponics is the absolute best method. Because of it's inherent problems with clogging, ebb and flow has long been recognized as the next best method.

I heard when your in your grow room talking to your plants your breath produces co2 that also helps your plants Is this true??
This is a great thread with alot of info I love all the post on it great to have some humor along with it have a great day every one peace

Sticky_Budz said:
I heard when your in your grow room talking to your plants your breath produces co2 that also helps your plants Is this true??

Yes, it does, but in very small quantities. It doesn't hurt them at all, so talk to them if it makes you feel better.

POTUS said:
Thank you. However, I'm very sorry but Ebb and Flow has been proven to supply the most oxygen to the root system.

There is no debating it.

There is a HUGE difference between "Ample" and "Most".

I was referring to supplying the MOST oxygen to the roots to provide MAXIMUM growth using MAXIMUM conditions favorable to photosynthesis.

Ebb and Flow is it. Nothing else even comes close.

IF you want to maximize the oxygenation to the root system, Aeroponics is the absolute best method. Because of it's inherent problems with clogging, ebb and flow has long been recognized as the next best method.

If you look at my post I did not argue the point that aero provides the most oxygen to the root system, with EnF following a close second. I agree 100%. (Although, I have never performed a test to determine oxygen to water saturation levels in the root zone of either an aero or EnF system to get actual values).
I was refering the oxygen saturation level of the nutrient solution. DWC, NFT, etc. can all be made to have maximum oxygen saturation in the nutrient solution.
However that said, I also agree maximum oxygen levels in the root zone, while using CO2 does indeed provide greater growth than simply an oxygen saturated nutrient solution.
We are in total agreement as far I can tell, simply discussing different aspects of the optimal environment for CO2 usage.
Cheers

Useless said:
If you look at my post I did not argue the point that aero provides the most oxygen to the root system, with EnF following a close second. I agree 100%. (Although, I have never performed a test to determine oxygen to water saturation levels in the root zone of either an aero or EnF system to get actual values).
I was referring the oxygen saturation level of the nutrient solution. DWC, NFT, etc. can all be made to have maximum oxygen saturation in the nutrient solution.
However that said, I also agree maximum oxygen levels in the root zone, while using CO2 does indeed provide greater growth than simply an oxygen saturated nutrient solution.
We are in total agreement as far I can tell, simply discussing different aspects of the optimal environment for CO2 usage.
Cheers

The amount of oxygen that reaches the roots is what makes the photosynthesis work at whatever rate. The amount that is in the nutrient solution doesn't really matter in this regard.

The bottom line is that maximum photosynthesis will be reached by Ebb and Flow over any other type of Hydroponics other than Aeroponics if all other plant requirements are met and maximized.

Sorry man, I thought you were disagreeing with this end result.

lol, i don't think piss would produce any co2. just use yeast, water and sugar just make sure alcohol don't form by dumping some of the water out every week and replacing with fresh water and another teaspoon of sugar. I'm doing this and i have to say my plants are growing like three times as fast, but I'm really doing this so i will only need a little ventilation, my fan, and it gives my plants all the air they need in a closed off grow environment.

I wouldnt use urine in any form in the growroom, espicially in a stagnating condition....

Latest posts

Back