US postal workers steal brick of pot from mail package...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandolay

Band!
Reaction score
OCTOBER 14--When a suspicious package arrived last month at a New York City post office, it was set aside for examination by postal inspectors since the 12-pound Express Mail package appeared consistent with parcels that had been previously used to ship narcotics across the country.
The cardboard box was placed for safekeeping on a supervisor’s desk in the Queens post office. But before the package could be examined by investigators, a postal employee allegedly took the parcel from the supervisor’s desk and, with the help of a coworker, cut open the box and removed a brick of marijuana.
postalbox.jpg
The pair’s actions on September 10 were caught on a surveillance camera, according to a criminal complaint filed yesterday in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn.
According to the felony complaint, Lori Allen took the package from the desk and opened it with Coretta Womack, who put “several small square shaped boxes” back into the plundered package. Womack then added bubble wrap and re-sealed the parcel, according to federal agent Steven Demayo.
On September 26, when postal inspectors retrieved the suspicious package, they “observed signs of tampering as the parcel appeared to have been opened and re-taped closed.” Investigators also determined that the package weighed six pounds less than it did when initially mailed from California to New York.
A subsequent review of surveillance tapes resulted in the arrest Wednesday of Allen and Womack. Court filings indicate that both women confessed to stealing the marijuana inside the package. Womack told probers that over the past few months she had stolen approximately 20 other packages, about four of which contained narcotics. Both Womack and Allen claimed to have received between $1000 and $2000 for the respective hijacked narcotics.
Womack, who immediately began cooperating with federal agents, said that the narcotics were fenced through Wayne Wilson, an acquaintance who lived near the Rosedale Post Office. After his arrest, Wilson told investigators that Womack told him several months ago that she had access to “parcels containing narcotics.”
Wilson told agents that he eventually purchased intercepted marijuana shipments from Womack on about six occasions, paying between $4500 and $7000 per parcel depending on weight.
Allen, Womack, and Wilson are each facing federal raps related to the pilfering scheme. Allen is free on $25,000 bond, while Womack and Wilson were freed yesterday on $50,000 bond.

You can ship alot of things, thats your business, but ACTUAL weed, ever hear of a sniffer dog?

dman1234 said:
You can ship alot of things, thats your business, but ACTUAL weed, ever hear of a sniffer dog?

12 lbs!?? Really? I don't see how in that box :eek:

A guy did it in Indiana a month ago and got busted..Just to many stupid people in the world...you could get buy with it in the 70s but today? just stupid..

I had a guy mail me 50# of lead shot in one of those once. I received a request to "pick up" a package at the post office. The postal worker acted like it was glued to the counter when she tried to pick it up. Made "me" come around in back to get it..:rofl:.. "if it fits!....."

Hahaha, that's awesome Hick. Pretty much before 9/11 you could get away with ALOT. I still know of people that have shipped a pound or two and gotten it. It's all in the packaging. I ain't risking it, but it can be done. The broads that took it are stupid on multiple aspects. The part that pisses me of the most is ratting on dude she sold it too..... :doh: The first rule I was taught at a young age. You decided to do an illegal activity. You get caught, you do the time.... Being a rat you're getting bad bad juju...

see, i thought this whole time wilson was missing at sea. now that he's rolled onto the scene, undoubtedly he's gonna bounce on womack and allen.:holysheep:

tom hanks has gotta be involved somehow. willllsonnnnnnnn.....:p

Hick said:
I had a guy mail me 50# of lead shot in one of those once. I received a request to "pick up" a package at the post office. The postal worker acted like it was glued to the counter when she tried to pick it up. Made "me" come around in back to get it..:rofl:.. "if it fits!....."

underwear bomber had an accomplice...:rofl:

Irish said:
see, i thought this whole time wilson was missing at sea. now that he's rolled onto the scene, undoubtedly he's gonna bounce on womack and allen.:holysheep:

tom hanks has gotta be involved somehow. willllsonnnnnnnn.....:p

:cool2: Yes!

I wonder if there is more to this story than meets the eye. I don't know how a flat rate box that weighs 12 pounds can be considered suspicious. There must be millions of these that go through the USPS in New York City. One of the nice things about flat rate boxes is being able to ship heavy things without the heavy price tag. Unless there was an odor eminating from the box, I fail to see how they had reason to be suspicious of this. And what of the postal workers who seemed to know there was something "good" in there?

I agree THG...sounds like the inspectors already had eyes on pkgs coming from the addy or eyes on the receiving addy, or both.

back in the day i used to work for UPS as a truck loader. every night i would smell kush while i tossed packages onto the trucks. maybe they should of used ups instead.:D

I know people who mail from Cali to Michigan and have been for years.

Latest posts

Back