Use your imagination....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi yall. i decided out of running a portable ac for my tent, but I do think I may have a solution or two in order to get my temps to drop at least a few degrees. Would you like to help? I will explain my grow closet/and tent the best I can.

So my closet is in my bedroom. It has a open top. It is approx 5' x 5'. I have my 3x3 tent in there along with a small veg tent. My 3x3 flower tent is the one I want to focus on in this thread. I am using fc-4800 mars hydro led light, (made for a 4x4 tent). I keep the ballast outside of the tent on the floor of the closet with a small fan blowing on it. I usually run it 50% during late veg and can get my temps into the 78-80 degree range. When I turn it up to 75% or more I start to climb into the low 80's, 82-83. I want to keep my temps out of the 80's so I am trying to tweak the setup a bit.
I have a 6" ac infinity carbon filter in the tent with 6" duct attaching to the fan which sits on top outside the tent and then ducts into my vented attic. The setting is on 3. I use a 6" duct attached to the bottom of the tent with a hose laying on the floor with the other end up against the closet door that has a nice gap under it to draw in cool air from the bedroom. That is my only intake. I also have a 4" duct that I tapped into my central ac in the attic that falls into the bottom of the inside of my tent.
I am wondering if that cold ac air is getting sucked right out of the tent by the exhaust fan. If I dropped the 4" ac line into the closet instead of the tent, would it cool the closet air temp and allow me to keep cooler temps in my tent longer? My ac only runs when the rest of the house ac runs, which is pretty constant down here.
I also have a 4" ac infinity fan I am not using. Maybe I can duct from the closet wall through the bedroom wall and get some more cooler air coming in from there?
I have 2-6" oscillating fans on the floor of my tent, and 2 more mounted to the corner poles just above canopy height. Should I add another one above the light fixture to get that war air moving around more?
I know there is room for improvement, I am just not sure where to start. If you have any questions let me know.

Thank you in advance.

When i grew in a closet i put a vent at the bottom of the door where i could draw in cool air from the room. Your inline fan should draw air in.
Besides its always good for a closet door to have vent to keep fresh air in for clothes or whatever.
Very easy to install.

1679601277294.png

Hi yall. i decided out of running a portable ac for my tent, but I do think I may have a solution or two in order to get my temps to drop at least a few degrees. Would you like to help? I will explain my grow closet/and tent the best I can.

So my closet is in my bedroom. It has a open top. It is approx 5' x 5'. I have my 3x3 tent in there along with a small veg tent. My 3x3 flower tent is the one I want to focus on in this thread. I am using fc-4800 mars hydro led light, (made for a 4x4 tent). I keep the ballast outside of the tent on the floor of the closet with a small fan blowing on it. I usually run it 50% during late veg and can get my temps into the 78-80 degree range. When I turn it up to 75% or more I start to climb into the low 80's, 82-83. I want to keep my temps out of the 80's so I am trying to tweak the setup a bit.
I have a 6" ac infinity carbon filter in the tent with 6" duct attaching to the fan which sits on top outside the tent and then ducts into my vented attic. The setting is on 3. I use a 6" duct attached to the bottom of the tent with a hose laying on the floor with the other end up against the closet door that has a nice gap under it to draw in cool air from the bedroom. That is my only intake. I also have a 4" duct that I tapped into my central ac in the attic that falls into the bottom of the inside of my tent.
I am wondering if that cold ac air is getting sucked right out of the tent by the exhaust fan. If I dropped the 4" ac line into the closet instead of the tent, would it cool the closet air temp and allow me to keep cooler temps in my tent longer? My ac only runs when the rest of the house ac runs, which is pretty constant down here.
I also have a 4" ac infinity fan I am not using. Maybe I can duct from the closet wall through the bedroom wall and get some more cooler air coming in from there?
I have 2-6" oscillating fans on the floor of my tent, and 2 more mounted to the corner poles just above canopy height. Should I add another one above the light fixture to get that war air moving around more?
I know there is room for improvement, I am just not sure where to start. If you have any questions let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Trying to understand when you turn your in-line fan up the temp rises? This usually brings my temps down and humidity too… I run mine 100% most of the grow

When i grew in a closet i put a vent at the bottom of the door where i could draw in cool air from the room. Your inline fan should draw air in.
Besides its always good for a closet door to have vent to keep fresh air in for clothes or whatever.
Very easy to install.

View attachment 322931
Same concept Inside of a vented panel use solid with center hole cut to fit 6 inch duct pipe and install to attach your input vent hose
1679605842667.png

Very easy to install.

View attachment 322931
This is a very good idea. does the temp change if you leave the closet door open?

Yes because your getting more fresh air being pulled into the closet.

actually my understanding and my personal experience, you can run temps warmer with led's due to the lack of excess radiant heat.

I was going by your first quote. I must have misunderstood…

“When I turn it up to 75% or more I start to climb into the low 80's, 82-83. I want to keep my temps out of the 80's so I am trying to tweak the setup a bit.”
i was referring to the light setting.

the air you are using for intake is obviously too hot if the temp in the tent is rising...

Latest posts

Back