Using a mixer to break off the trichomes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry@OCG

Reaction score
We've found that using a metal mixer is the best way to take off the trichomes. We tried various types of wooden spoons and felt nearly most of the trichomes were still intact. What are others using?

Attachments

• 20200417_120842.jpg
    20200417_120842.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 13
I just use a mixture of Ice, water and a silk screen. Dry ice is for kief. Pressing kief right now as a matter of fact.....I never had crabs but sure like eating crab.....$50 a lb now....way more expensive that lobster.

Cement mixer....how much do you make at a time....must be a bunch. I use a 5 gal bucket, dry ice, water, wooden spoon and 4 bags. I get somewhere between 20 and 25 grams form a lb of fan/sugar leaves.

Cement mixer....how much do you make at a time....must be a bunch. I use a 5 gal bucket, dry ice, water, wooden spoon and 4 bags. I get somewhere between 20 and 25 grams form a lb of fan/sugar leaves.
I have a question, BC i just don't know. If i were to use that to make butter how much would i need for a pound. My wife makes butter for Brownies.

I have a question, BC i just don't know. If i were to use that to make butter how much would i need for a pound. My wife makes butter for Brownies.

i use about an ounce of ground up flowers per brownie mix

they are called penis in the dirt brownies...penis because I can’t say ****

1/2” inch by 1/2” inch piece does the job

Depends. I always just go by eyeball. Never bothered to weigh it. Small batches just mean less ice and water.
Thing I like about making bubble hash is it can go straight from the plant to the mixer. No need to dry/cure.

Yup, can be smoked in hours not weeks. Watch for mold. I let it sit out for a week before putting it in a container. Oh, I also break it into smaller clumps for mold mitigation as well.

Same here. I put it in a large rectangular Pyrex bowl and chop it up with a single edge razor blade once or twice a day until it gets just right, then it gets weighed and compressed into little one or two gram pucks. Wrap it in tin foil, chuck 'em in a zip lock bag, and stuff that in a Tupperware bowl with lid, and into the freezer it goes. Keeps the buzz and taste for years.

Latest posts

Back