Using an extra exzaust fan at the end of your line ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi all, i already have my 6" ac infinity sucking air out of my tent into my attic. I am going to be connecting it to my bathroom veny decting to get it up out through the roof. It is a pretty long run, and i dont want to turn my 6" fan any higher due to noise. I also have a 4" ac infinity sitting around. Can i add the 4" to the same line to help get air out? Or bad idea? Thanks.

Won't hurt to give it a try.
Was thinking ill keep both fans at the same speed to help with any fighting. Since the 4" puts out less air, i will have it 1 level higher than the 6" and see how they perform.

Ok, follow me, its a lil confusing. Lol.
So my tent has a 6" carbon scrubber going into the speed controlled 6" exhaust fan which sits on top of the outside of my tent. Then attaches to a 7" x 3" oval duct that runs in between my drywall up to the attic. My bathroom vent is only a 4" line, so i have a 7" x 3" x 4" round reducer thats just blowing air into my attic. I will add 4" duscting to the reducer that will attach to one side of my 4" fan, and then attach the 4" bathroom vent to the other end. So i have a 6" out of tent reducing to a 4".

I would get the 8 inch. The left over 6 inch will be useful elsewhere. You will find the Infinity 8 inch to produce about twice the suck/blow action as the 6 inch. It is not a small difference. I just put my left over 6 inch infinity to a 2x4 tent.

The next size up, 10 inch begins where they are used like a whole house attic fan arraingment. The 8 inch isnt that powerful, but it seriously out does the 6 inch. 4 inch, likely fine for very small tent, I would go 6" at 3x3 or 2x4. I do like overkill here, does the job at a lower setting.

I would get the 8 inch. The left over 6 inch will be useful elsewhere. You will find the Infinity 8 inch to produce about twice the suck/blow action as the 6 inch. It is not a small difference. I just put my left over 6 inch infinity to a 2x4 tent.

The next size up, 10 inch begins where they are used like a whole house attic fan arraingment. The 8 inch isnt that powerful, but it seriously out does the 6 inch. 4 inch, likely fine for very small tent, I would go 6" at 3x3 or 2x4. I do like overkill here, does the job at a lower setting.
Yeah. Its only a 3x3 tent.

The best thing you could do would be to simply put just the largest fan at the end of where you want the air to go, or very near to it, even if you stick with the six, (the eight would be better though, by the sound of what you're doing). These exhaust fans are designed to pull air much better than push it, they're much more efficient at pulling.

The exhaust fan on my tent in the house (laundry room) is actually laying on the top of my tent venting to the room. I am on my third grow like this and get no smell in the room of course till I open the tent… my intention was to vent it to the attic but so far have had no need to.

Latest posts

Back