Using blue lights to grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josiah woodard

Reaction score
I was out shopping g for lights yesterday and I seen they had blue plant lights at lowes, would these lights be good for cannabis growing??

Need more information. Bluer light in general is better to veg under. Redder light is better to flower under. Color temperature, PPFD, PAR, grow area size are just some considerations when choosing a light.

Like oldfogey said, we need more info. However, plant lights and grow lights are not the same-- lights that are called "plant lights" are generally not meant for growing. They are lights meant to make plants look good, not make them grow. Cannabis is a high energy plant that requires a goodly amount of the right kind of light. While Lowes will have fluoros that can grow a plant, if you are serious about growing, you are probably going to have to go somewhere else for your light than Lowes. There are some decent LEDs on Amazon for not that much moolah.

Like oldfogey said, we need more info. However, plant lights and grow lights are not the same-- lights that are called "plant lights" are generally not meant for growing. They are lights meant to make plants look good, not make them grow. Cannabis is a high energy plant that requires a goodly amount of the right kind of light. While Lowes will have fluoros that can grow a plant, if you are serious about growing, you are probably going to have to go somewhere else for your light than Lowes. There are some decent LEDs on Amazon for not that much moolah.
Thanks for the advice I'm bout to get on Amazon as we speak and find some good lights

Latest posts

Back