Using cannabis to deal with cancer and other ailments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKINGRANPA

Reaction score
I, like others on this site, am dealing with cancer. Since it was first discovered about a yr ago I have thought about how I can use marijuana to help deal with this problem.

I have used marijuana in the past to deal with anxiety, depression, sleeping, energizing, relaxation and just a nice high feeling of feeling good. But now I am looking at what’s the deeper more profound use of this herb to deal with major ailments like cancer or Parkinson’s or ?, I’m sure a lot of others.

My problem is having enough products to start experimenting with different strains and extractions. But I do know that a lot of other members of this group are doing wonderful work with different extracts and mixes and ways to absorb this medicine into our bodies. So what’s out there? And how can we make the best medicine with the least amount of product??? What’s the best way to administer it and what strains work best for whatever we are dealing with??? I will post my story in another page so it can be read or not, but don’t want to add more than necessary to this post. I would love to hear other stories from other members dealing with their issues whatever they may be and other members who are making and using good medicinal products to help themselves and others and of course any info that can promote healing. I myself try to meditate and do yoga on a regular basis.

Life for me is just a series of moments and whenever I can be okay with that moment life is good. And when I smoke, vape or ingest I feel the moment and feel good. I am doing immunotherapy now after my cancer did come back but using marijuana has kept the side effects at bay and the whole depression, anxiety issues manageable.

This site has a remarkable ability to bring some absolutely invaluable info about what we have available and how to use it. Nature produces whatever we need.

Wonderful thread, its not cancer for us but Hep-C. Being old hippies, we’re no strangers to weed but that was a long time ago. Having jobs that said no way were an issue for many years as well. Full retirements months away and i can smell the barn so look out. Been growing for a couple seasons now and still trying to figure it all out. Much more complex than years ago. Back then my philosophy was, weeds weed, all weeds good and every body likes weed.
Now i have to sort thru 1000’s of strains etc. about all weve got figured out at this point is we dont like couch loc any more, want something a little snappier. Weve conquerd making dry ice hash, RSO and grow decent weed, according to my wife.
Realising we wont live long enough to figure it all out, dedicated discussion space might help. We accept that we cant cure the Hep but improving quality of life would be nice. Ive built up a nice seed library (roughly 30 strains) and am working very hard to determine the most helpful.
We’d be happy to join into any constructive discussions that might help achieve that goal.
Were all about Sativas these days.

Thank you Alasgun, that was a wonderful post. See , I'm getting to see how other menacing ailments are effecting other folks and how they use MJ to help their situations.
I was thinking along those lines as a group. A lot like other groups we have but it could maybe be a group that kind of stays together, passing on the info and supporting those of us who may have bad days.
I think this would work and the reason I say that is , and my experience only, is that people that I know that use MJ seem to me to always speak from the heart. That in itself may be what saves the earth. I'm pretty stoned right now so their you go.
As Alasgun said it's about improving the quality of life.

The next big thing for is will be rosin. Ill build the press in the next couple months so we can give it a try. Hep works on the imune system resulting in some very strong alergys. My wifes had some real positive reactions to the weed and some horrible ones as well before she learned how to clear the alergies. Someone told us she may be alergic to the carbon so my left brain wonders if i press rosin, ive gotten rid of the majority of the carbon?
Who knows, we’ll see in a bit.
We’ve also noticed the way she responds to a strain doesnt always match the advertizing, adding further complications.
If we can elimenate or reduce pain on a regular basis and add some happy we’ll be quite happy.
So far taking our RSO sublingualy seems to be the easiest and most consistant. No smoking options are on the table for us, another reason for my interest in a rosin / shatter.
Im afraid that right now, ive not got a ton to offer until the end of this year when the job goes away. After that i’ll have more first hand experience.
Strains we use and like include; blueberry albiet a little stoney, pain killer xl which seems to help her get things done with good clear headed painrelief and cbd bomb helped with sleep.
Ill come up for air now and think on this a bit.

Last edited:
I'm dealing with terminal cancer, so I'll be chiming in on this one. I'm using FECO right now and just got done with chemo. I will be doing radiation soon, so I'll let you good folks know whats happening along the journey. MOJO to all!!!

Darn. That's a tough one. Not a lot of stuff on this planet that isn't one of the 3 allotropes of carbon. I guess the good news is, she won't be asking you to buy her a big diamond ring like most women. LOL

Have you tried decarb'ing her pot before she smokes it? Decarb'ing removes a carboxyl group and releases carbon dioxide (CO2). From what I have read, smoking decrb'd weed will still get the desired effects (stoned/medicated). Just tossing it out.

How do you guys take your oil? What do you think is the best method to get it into the system so it can do the most good? I've just been putting it on a piece of chocolate... something that helps with the taste. And do you warm yours up first or just leave it at room temp?

Ive been wondering about that myself PP, I saw a post that suggested putting the oil in a capsule. me I cook into edibles. But I want to start making RSO and I don't know the best way for that but I think Rose has a couple posts about it.

Your method of ingestion will largely depend on your tolerance.

I hate the taste of cannabis and my tolerance is very high so I use rosin is caps.

I decarb the rosin and mix it with coconut oil and sunflower lecithin and put it in capsules. I can provide details if you want them.

If your tolerance is low and you can stand the taste of cannabis a ton of stuff will work fine. From 'firecrackers' which require about zero effort or ability to RSO and tinctures.

Well, the oil has been decarbed so it will work without heat. I always use either a gummy bear or a choc chip and let it melt in the mouth until you can swallow easily.

Good morning MP, time for an update. First off, my condolences to you and family Rose, been really down after last Immun. therapy session (side effects of depression get me bad at times.) Not having a supply of a good sativa is a bummer.
So the other side effect that has really got to me is co-payments, the immunotherapy session cost (per session) around $26,000. My copay every other week is $1300. This is the real depression source. So I am definitely looking at home therapy. Just came across this site https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...-own-medicine-four-thieves-vinegar-collective.
For me I'm waiting for a good indica harvest (my brother has a headband and blueberry just a couple weeks out yaaaa) and I will be working on making RSO oil. And looking for other home meds.
After 10 months of not having a home base ( fire wiped out all my equipment and supplies) we are moving back in next week and I will be putting together a new grow room and (laboratory) time to get serious about growing and producing medicine.
I'll be jumping around different posts to find what I need. Great info out there, thanks to all you posters.......

I know how you feel with the co-pays...That's the source of all my anxiety and depression for the most part. My bills are starting to stack up.

So they did the brain MRI and found something on my right eye. The radiation doctor didn't want to start radiation without knowing what it is, sooooo, I had to go to the eye doctor today. Four hours later they tell me I have a melanoma on my eye. There is no one around here that treats that so I have to drive a couple hours Friday to see the gal who does. Their not sure if this is related to the lung cancer or not but they think it's not and will be treated differently. And yeah, another co-pay Friday...lol Having cancer is expensive. :confused:

Oh no PP, can you just catch a break? How did they know it was melanoma? I am sorry. Insult to injury you and you too Smokingranpa. Those are huge co pays. It has to be so hard in so many ways. I wish there was some help for you guys.

Apparently I can't catch at all. lol They did a bunch of test with eye drops and took some really cool pictures. My eyes looked like planets in space. But I'm not really sure how they know it's cancer Rose...? Par for the course for me lately. They seemed pretty sure. He even gave me the "you just have to accept it and deal with it" speech. He said they might put a radiation plate or something like that on my eye. It sounds like fun....I'm going to be so irradiated I'll be a super hero!!

What a bummer PP, every time I start lamenting about my troubles I realize how many are hurting so much more.
My wife is researching some non-profit cancer financial help sites, I will post anything that looks promising.
I like your attitude, being a super hero should take the edge off Lol................
I am going to RSO and looking to maybe add something else if I can get Kravens recipes, I think we are getting into a cancer epidemic???? I am doing rehab for Lymphedema, problem caused by fluid buildup from loss of lymph glands, and my therapist says they are seeing more cancer patients then ever before?
Oh well, I just keep smoking, vaping and eating MJ, seems to just make the world look a heck of a lot bettero_O

Yeah, if I take enough of the RSO I feel like a super hero...o_Olol I'm like you, I got problems but there are people who really have problems...I'm mean REALLY!! When I was doing chemo, I would sit and talk to whoever was next to me if they wanted. At least I have medicare insurance. I can't imagine doing this without insurance. There was one girl who didn't have anything. She was having a terrible time with the bills. Anyways, Green MOJO to all. ;)

I try, sometimes, to post in these. I (guess) I don't understand why I rarely end up leaving a thought.

Coming up on my 24 month anniversary of surviving a burst brain tumor and subsequent brain cancer fight.
Surgery, Chemo, Radiation then MRI every 2 months for life to see how fast its growing. You cant physically remove 100% of a Glioblastoma tumor.

As of a week ago, my latest MRI came back with the same result I've gotten every time: No growth, residual surgical scaring present but appears to be healing.
This last time the doctor said they are so pleased with my results that we are going to start a 3 month gap between MRIs

monitor your Ph , I was an acidic cesspool just feeding cancer with sugar :(
coffee, soda, energy drinks, vodka, and beer was all I drank Go figure my body couldn't flush or fight and eventually gave in.

I've used a lot of the marijuana and hemp plant and have the help of a local holistic Dr.
CBD is NOT cheep but I believe in it https://www.wellspringcbd.com/
I also use concentrates obtained in a "black market" because my state is still "working on" getting the medicine to us but will still bust you if you smoke a joint.

NONE of it is cheep!!!
even with $1300/mo family insurance this shit (cancer) causes A LOT of bills

I hope/wish/pray/focus positive thoughts to ALL who read this thread!

Life goes Fast
Drive FASTER!!

Latest posts

Back