Using cannabis to deal with cancer and other ailments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, i woke up thinking about you this morning. We haven't seen you in a while and i worry. I am so glad to hear your good, maybe stable news. I am so thrilled. Keep doing what your doing and don't stay away too long please.

Ok, so. I have a tumor on my eye. Probably a melanoma, but could be from the lung cancer. I have to have a radiattion patch sewn on to my eye and keep it for five days and then removed. They will take a biopsy of the tumor to see what it is, but this procedure will work for both types of cancer. Used to they would have to remove the eye, but lucky for me they do this now. They said I will most likely lose some of my vision, if not almost all. The radiation does damage to the optic nerve. I'm a bit nervous about this one. I really was hoping not to lose my site. Will see how it goes. I'll let you know how it goes. Surgery is Aug. 27th. I will have to stay there for five days because of the radiation patch. So I'll go home on the 31st.

Oh man PP, that doesn't sound like any fun. wishing and hoping for the very best for you. Let us know please.

Thanks Rose. I'll keep ya all updated... I also had a girl who I met in chemo gave me this card about a website called advocacyconnector.com. They have a whole list of organizations that help with cancer patients. They have all kinds of programs to help with finances, travel and just getting a ride to appointments. I hope it helps...

Thanks SG, the nurses and doctors say attitude is everything with this disease. I've always had a good attitude though. I always try to stay positive. This disease makes it tough sometimes though. The nurses at the chemo place say I always came in with a smile and that always put a smile on their faces. They love me.... lol Green MOJO SG. :D

Just wanted to post a little update, I had been working with a physical therapist to relieve the swelling in my arm and hand ( left side was almost double the right side) do to the fluid build up from the removal of all the lymph glands under my left armpit. What they do is mostly massage the area in a way that moves the fluid to places where good lymph nodes can remove the fluid.
I was given some home massage scenarios to do myself and also had the good fortune of receiving a gift of some homemade salve from " Hemp Goddess." Well after about a couple of weeks of using the salve my therapist said I didn't need to come any longer , what I was doing has helped reduce the swelling to almost normal. I do believe that the salve besides having a medicinal help also felt good and was very relaxing getting me to do the massage more often and more awareness as to what I needed to do. Another plus for what we can do with marijuana by products.
Also for any one dealing with co-payment misery, my wife found a source of help which I will post later, we did find out that my insurance has a 5K cap on co-payments which I reached this week so thankfully I am free of that till Jan, 1st. Have a good day everyone.
"We are all doing the best we can." , Chandrakant

granpa, that is wonderful the THG's ointment helped. I love it too.

@The Hemp Goddess is your recipe for the ointment posted here anywhere? I have been making the 'holy anointing oil' for a friend and he says is works great. As always, doesn't do anything to me.

Just curious about your recipe.

Thanks

Smokingranpa, I am so glad that it has helped. Comfrey has healing properties, too and I think the combination of the cannabis and comfrey works well together.

Hackerman, I am not sure if it is elsewhere, so here it is. The recipe has kind of evolved over time to what it is now. I use the Magical Butter Machine because I have one now, but I have made it in a crock pot and on top of the stove many times.

4 c Coconut Oil
1 c Cannabis good trim or bud and trim
1 c Comfrey Leaf
1/4 c Lecithin
1/2 to 3/4 c Beeswax
1/2 - 1 T Tea Tree Oil
1/2 - 1 T Vitamin E Oil

Mix coconut oil, cannabis, comfrey, and lecithin and simmer for a couple of hours. Strain well and put strained liquid into clean saucepan. Add beeswax and heat until the beeswax is melted. You may want more in summer and less in winter. The beeswax helps keep the coconut oil solid rather than liquid. After the beeswax is melted, add the tea tree oil and vitamin E oil. Pour into jars.

That's it. It is pretty straightforward and hard to screw up. Just don't burn it. Most of the people who use it have arthritis type pain--I use it on my hands, knees, and shoulder that has rotator cuff problems.

Okay time to make HG's salve. Have all ingredients just a few questions.
I am going to de-carb the MJ?
I will be using my insta pot, will do slow cook at around 180* F about 2-3 hrs?
Have a busy week so hopefully start next week " yikes Sept already,,,Things go faster as you get closer to the end???
I'm not going to check my speedometer, could get depressing.:confused:

Sounds good. Some people don't decarb believing that there are benefits to using un-decarbed bud. That being said, I generally decarb.

Time does speed up as we get older. When we are five, 1 year is 20% of our life, when we are 50, it is 2%--I suppose it is no wonder it seems to go faster.

Thanks for the recipe thg...most or your recipe can be purchased at the natural food store...I grow the weed myself and this spring I just planted a bunch of comfrey...my plan was to use it as fertilizer in the garden but there are many other uses like your salve...I hear it’s also good for wrapping various injury types as well including broken bones or sprains...thanks again!!!

Hey guys, I started the opdivo , and boy will that stuff kick your butt. This first dose wiped me out. It's supposed to get easier each time you get a dose. I sure hope so.

Haven't heard much from you lately, good to see your getting along these days.

Hey PP good to hear from you.
I been on nivolumab(Opdivo) about 4 mo now and so far haven't had to bad a trip. The worst thing I remember was the lack of energy and that down feeling, I thought it was depression on my part. So after acquiring some decent smoke ( thanks HG) I just smoked my brains out mostly from morning till night.
But after a while the tiredness started letting up and getting back to doing things again felt good. My depression is probably my own doing not the medication but I think that may exasperate it.
From what I hear this stuff works pretty good, I have a PET scan scheduled for the end of the week, so I should have a report by Mon on what showed up soooo, we'll see.
Meantime don't give up on that ,just add to it, some of the stuff that did show up on me was, possible colitis, still looking at that and the Lymphedema which was due to the removal of all the lymph glands.
So I'm back growing (thanks Rosebud) which I think is great therapy.
So are you doing anything else? RSO ?
Hope it all goes well........

Latest posts

Back