Using General Hydroponics But Need Something More

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegs

Reaction score
I am currently using the General Hydroponics: FloraGrow, FloraMirco and FloraBloom along with the Powdered KoolBloom for later on in the flowering stage. I've been using these along with flushing my flower for a week in plain water for many years. For the most part my yields have lacked in flavor, smell and sometimes potency.

Now that I have acquired an array killer beans, I now realize that I am in need of tweaking to get more flavor and potency. I am wondering if the anyone here can vouch for the noticeable impact to the crop when using the Floralicious series of General Hydroponic supplements?

I would like to stick with GH products if and when possible, does adding molasses to the water really help in overall flavor?

Best regards,

The only way Molasses will effect the flavor is if ya drink it while smoking.
Only thing I know that effects flavor is the Strain and a Good cure,,and some will say flushing and not feeding nutes the last week or two of Flower. i personally have never noticed a difference in taste because of Flushing,,but to each his own.
Nothing I know can be added as an additive to change flavor.
As for your nutes,,most that use GH swear by them,,so besides some mag or something I dont know what more you would want to use,,but Im sure someone can give you their opinion.

Flavor and smell are dictated by strain, not by the nutrients that the plant receives. I have found that I get the same flavor and smell from the same strain regardless of whether I grow hydro with GH nutes or grow organic with super soil. I have experimented with many supplements over the years and have never found anything that IME made much difference in yield.

I am not a big believer in a week flush. You are asking your plants to put on weight and trichs, but at the same time are slowly starving them. I have found that after a good cure you cannot tell the difference in taste between bud that was flushed and bud that was not after a good cure. I do see a difference in yield though.

Molasses is good in organic grows to feed the microbes. Other than that, it really does nothing like enhance flavor.

Tell us about your set up (lights, size of space, ventilation, medium, method of growing, strains you grow). Maybe we can figure out why you are lacking in flavor, smell and sometimes potency. I really don't think it is the GH series of nutes.

I agree with what already has been said....nutrients and supplements will not give you a better flavor. Flushing is not necessary. The best way to improve taste IMO, is with a proper cure. I love using GH nutrients. I would not switch if you paid me to. :)

I knew you guys would tell him. Thanks

Thanks folks. I just recently obtained a nice stash of good seeds. Those strains include: Bubba Kush, Sweet God, White Rhino, Super Lemon OG, OG Kush, Kens Kush and Pineapple Kush. I believe these strains are far potent than my previous: Blue Mystic, AK48, Bubblegum, Lemon Skunk.

Maybe I need to review my curing processes.

I use a 400w full sprectrum HPS, distiller water, with a powerful squirrel cage fan. It's a very clandestine operation with my light mounted on the side versus above the plants. My old grow journal below has a few pics.

Thanks again for the input from everyone. I am going to look at using two other products to slightly aid in supplementing the nutrients which should deliver a slight boost in flavor and possibly potency.

:eek: An additive that boost flavor???:rolleyes:

How large is your space? Why is the light mounted on the side rather than overhead? If height is a problem, I think you would be better off topping, LSTing, scrogging or something like that rather than having 1/2 the plant in virtual darkness part of the time.

If you want to up your game, I would save the money you are spending on additives and improve your grow space instead. A 600W light would probably do more for yield than any additive. And as far as them improving taste and possibly potency............................................................................................................................................................................................................

I have seen the very same strain I grow come out very different from another grower.
He uses almost the very same nutes but his grows lack the vigor of mine because his environment is just not as ideal as mine, as a result his buds were lacking taste and when we looked at the under my scope there were far less "jewels".

I believe you need to have the very best plant health to max out taste and potency.

And by the what you use exactly what I use for nutes.

I was thinking the same thing Growdude. Can't grow the dank if your grow space is not dialed in.

Nutrients are only a third of the formula. The space and lighting are just as important if not more important than nutes. In such a small space, with the lights at the side, it is hard for the plants to really get what they need to produce at a high end of potential.

Latest posts

Back