using hydro nutes with coco grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hey guys, i got my little girls in 6 inch pots right now, waiting for them to tell me they are hungry for some nutes, and more light, and i am wondering about feeding them with hydroponic nutes. i bought GH flora series planning to start a hydro grow, but due to a few circumstances decided to go with another coco grow. fortunately they do not need the nutrients just yet, but when the time comes, can i give them these nutes? and how should i go about doing so? should i just follow the feeding schedule on the back? or should i adjust it accordingly. Also what should i buffer the ph of the nutrient water to for coco?

thanks in advance, as i know you all will provide great insight!

I think this is the longest I have ever seen a post up without response...was it a stupid question?

Not at all a stupid question. I suspect everyone is busy getting settled from the holiday. You can use the GH flora with the coco without any problems. Just follow the format for hydro use. I usually start out my new girls at about 1/4 of the recommended nute regamine on the bottles. I check it and try to get my TDS to about 300ppm for the first week of feeding. Then as they start to grow, I raise it to 450ppm for the next week then 650ppm for the next week. Depending on the plants, I typically will top out at 750ppm for veg.

with the coco wyou don't have to worry about adjusting the ph any different, as coco is inert. I usually set my solution to 5.7 during veg as it will rise some depending on how big your resevoir is and the strain of plants. Then during flower is run my ph at 6.2 as my plants tend to eat up the flower nutes which causes the ph to fall over time.

You will need to get some cal/mag solution to add to your mix throughout the veg cycle and part of the flower as coco will rob some of that from the nutes. If you haven't grown in coco before, I think you will like it as the plants seem to do very well in it. I do a recirculating top feed system on mine but it can be tricky with coco as it can clog up the pumps if they are not in net bags. Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back