Using leaves, etc. in cannabutter & topicals from bud-rot plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpas48

Reaction score
After discarding the actual spoiled buds, washing leaves in H2O2/bicarb solution and rinsing in clean water, could I assume that any edibles, bhang, salves be safe to use? I don't want to get/give bud rot to anyone....looks quite disfiguring.

I personally only used it for alcohol tincture or salve. I did that with one plant like yours removing as much as I could prior to the process. I really don’t trust the low oven temp to get rid of all the spores but that’s just me nowadays. Way back when I would have rolled it up and smoked it 😂

I don't know if this will help at all but on my first grow I developed a bud rot. I cut it out and discarded it, some of the buds I literally cut in half and save the half that didn't look like it had any mold on it. I've been smoking it ever since and I've had no ill effects.

I had a small bud like that on my plant last yr. Nothing around it was effected so I dried and cured it with no problems.
I'm pretty sure ppl have smoked bad shit back in the day of brick weed.

I don't know if this will help at all but on my first grow I developed a bud rot. I cut it out and discarded it, some of the buds I literally cut in half and save the half that didn't look like it had any mold on it. I've been smoking it ever since and I've had no ill effects.
When I trim I always cut out the rot and a little good bud around it to make sure it does not come back
I have done this on a living plant leaving the good bud to mature without any new rot or ill affect.
Its like Cancer , if you do not take enough healthy cells around the growth it has a good chance of coming back

Latest posts

Back