Using MJ for sleep and it's lasting times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosterMan

Who was that Guy
Reaction score
I have been using MJ for sleep and pain relief for years now and was wondering what others are finding with their use also?
I smoke or vape every night now and I get good relief with a half a jay and relax in bed watching some TV and resting.
I find myself every 2 hrs having to reup the dosage. Is this normal or am I a damm junkie LOL.
Basically is anyone getting long term us form 1 session at bedtime?
I wake every 2-3 hrs and do a lil more to get back to sleep or I twist and turn all night.
As always Thank You

oh roster , such a wonderful question , thank you very much!

the secret is not the sessions with the herb , in my humble opinion

here is a tried and true recipe for a good nights sleep

1. get up at 4:30 am

2. work all day , NO NAPS

3. starting around 9:30 pm , smoke weed , have a drink if you can , we like gin and tonic

4. about 10pm go to bed

wash rinse repeat

oh roster , such a wonderful question , thank you very much!

the secret is not the sessions with the herb , in my humble opinion

here is a tried and true recipe for a good nights sleep

1. get up at 4:30 am

2. work all day , NO NAPS

3. starting around 9:30 pm , smoke weed , have a drink if you can , we like gin and tonic

4. about 10pm go to bed

wash rinse repeat
Come on Now
Does that really work
When do you find time for Sex

I'm awake at 430 every morning no matter what.
I go to work, come home and work in my garden or house.
I start drinking cold beer about 5pm. Maybe 3 or 4. Smoke weed and lights out by 930.
My lungs won't let me smoke a lot. I'm going to make me some Honey oil or hash where I'm not smoking so much material and more trichomes.

I'm awake at 430 every morning no matter what.
I go to work, come home and work in my garden or house.
I start drinking cold beer about 5pm. Maybe 3 or 4. Smoke weed and lights out by 930.
My lungs won't let me smoke a lot. I'm going to make me some Honey oil or hash where I'm not smoking so much material and more trichomes.
I have tincture drops that work well for sleep fast and effective. but no enjoyment of the good smoke.
I have always thought edies were supposed to last longer which they do not seem to do.
Maybe a T break is in order

I used a qp to make 2 cups of coconut oil tincture...a 00 cap 2 hours before I want to nod I take 1...it's lights out after I smoke a joint...

Had a dearly departed friend fix me up one time when I'd broke a bone in my foot, which at the time is the most painful thing I'd managed to do to myself. He called me to see why I hadn't been around and I explained to him what I'd done and the fact that I just couldn't sleep because of the pain. He said he'd be right over and fix me up. He got there and the Old Hen let him in. He waltzed into my bedroom with a 'script bottle with the label peeled off and told me to eat one when I wanted to sleep. I knew him long enough and trusted him, so as soon as he bailed, I ate one. An hour later, I was out, and I mean OUT. You could have drawn a chalk line around me and see that I didn't move for 12 hours straight. I called him and thanked him for the relief, told him the effects I'd had and asked him what I'd eaten. He laughed and explained he ate three at a whack, three times a day as prescribed by his doctor. Thorazine. I called 'em gorilla biscuits 'cause they'd knock King Kong out. Now a days, I just use a Indica that went mostly amber. Same effects without bouncing off every wall on the way to the toilet in the morning. Two tokes is all it takes for me.

I use melatonin, lately I have been taking 20 milligrams. You can get the quick dissolving kind that work good. 20 milligrams is a lot to start off with. I went up 5 ml at a time. I have pain medicine. I think it changes my buzz.

Reactions: zem
i once decarbed and infused a whole lot of sweet leaves in coconut oil. I used the magical butter machine. The result was oil that made me more sleepy than i ever wanted to be. I was not looking for that effect at all, so much that i only gave it a couple of tries with the same result so i kept the batch of coconut oil sitting there until it went bad. what a waste, but it could be a great sleeping aid for those who need it.

I have been using MJ for sleep and pain relief for years now and was wondering what others are finding with their use also?
I smoke or vape every night now and I get good relief with a half a jay and relax in bed watching some TV and resting.
I find myself every 2 hrs having to reup the dosage. Is this normal or am I a damm junkie LOL.
Basically is anyone getting long term us form 1 session at bedtime?
I wake every 2-3 hrs and do a lil more to get back to sleep or I twist and turn all night.
As always Thank You
I don’t get pain relief from all strains but none of them put me to sleep I wake up because I forget I’m hurting but I immediately notice when I stand that I’m injured so I walk slow and seem to take better care when on mj I can spend the day smoking a few time a throughly it an do fine but at night I need opiates to easy better mask the pain I feel and then I can sleep . I also am new to this so I’m hoping to find a strain to help me stop the use of opiates.

Indica. IMHO Indicas and let them go a little longer. Eventually they will put you to sleep and they help me forget about my lower back pain. I have seen research on Sativas helping with opiate dependance but if I remember right it was in reference to recreational opiate abuse and not medical accidental dependance.

Indica. IMHO Indicas and let them go a little longer. Eventually they will put you to sleep and they help me forget about my lower back pain. I have seen research on Sativas helping with opiate dependance but if I remember right it was in reference to recreational opiate abuse and not medical accidental dependance.
I just about quit all my Opioids , 1/2 pill once or twice a week.
I quit cold turkey and went to Good indica and find once I am up moving in the morning it is only the sleep part that I need help with.
I have become one with the pain, and learned to accept the fact it will never go away.
The mind is a very powerful tool, if you think you are going to die you will
Think you will get better and you will.

956CE5F6-2A5A-4447-B470-F4C1AC856DDA.jpeg

I don’t get pain relief from all strains but none of them put me to sleep I wake up because I forget I’m hurting but I immediately notice when I stand that I’m injured so I walk slow and seem to take better care when on mj I can spend the day smoking a few time a throughly it an do fine but at night I need opiates to easy better mask the pain I feel and then I can sleep . I also am new to this so I’m hoping to find a strain to help me stop the use of opiates.

try some Blueberry Indica or the hybrid cross of Herijuana x Blueberry Indica

that weed should be called penis-in-the-dirt weed

a lot of times when i wake up but in the middle of the night to take a leak , i will check the ash tray for roaches and have a few toke and BAM!….sleep

If you want for sleep in my opinion unless your problem is only with falling asleep and not staying asleep that edibles will be better for sleep in theory because smoking effects are normally 3 hours max. But if you do use it for sleep don't just buy indica strains because there are plenty indicas with 0 CBD. In theory optimally you would grow or but something high in CBD and linalool terpene.

The best melatonin response comes from melanin derived from sun exposure. Hence, I am suntanned. I know this is counter to the current vilification of the sun and its effects.

Melatonin supplements are toxic.

If you can expose yourself to sunrise (natural red light) and sunset (natural red light), you can reset your circadian rhythm.

Cannabis is a natural beneficial subatance.

Latest posts

Back