Using moist buds to replenish dry buds instead of Boveda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombtombadll

Reaction score
I have a friend that handed me some old buds that have been drying out all winter long. So, I happen to have a container of Northern Lights popcorn buds curing and decided to toss the old dried out buds in with my cure. The old buds are acting like a boveda pack, and are dropping the RH from 68 to 58 ! Crazy ! This means all the moisture from my NL buds are replenishing the dried out bud. (yes, I'm still burping daily)

We'll see how it works, I never thought to use buds to help replenish dried out weed but its gotta be better than water or Boveda. I dont mind mixing these strains, just a little experiment.

Done this before and it works great.. I get really dried out weed from one friend who thinks drying it out to heck makes it smell less and safer to ship but it ruins it. we replenish it by putting a leaf clipping in it or adding a freshly
cut nuggy... just do like yor doing and keep an eye on her.. BURP

Done this before and it works great.. I get really dried out weed from one friend who thinks drying it out to heck makes it smell less and safer to ship but it ruins it. we replenish it by putting a leaf clipping in it or adding a freshly
cut nuggy... just do like yor doing and keep an eye on her.. BURP

Nice! I'm hoping the Punch Breath sucks in some nice tasty Northern Lights terpenes etc... Half the buds in the container are too moist or two dry. Perfect !

I won't dry with Boveda again, it robbed all the smell out of another my cure in one day. I might use Boveda to add moisture, but never to dry. Wet buds seem to work better anyway !

I have a friend that handed me some old buds that have been drying out all winter long. So, I happen to have a container of Northern Lights popcorn buds curing and decided to toss the old dried out buds in with my cure. The old buds are acting like a boveda pack, and are dropping the RH from 68 to 58 ! Crazy ! This means all the moisture from my NL buds are replenishing the dried out bud. (yes, I'm still burping daily)

We'll see how it works, I never thought to use buds to help replenish dried out weed but its gotta be better than water or Boveda. I dont mind mixing these strains, just a little experiment.
Nice! I'm hoping the Punch Breath sucks in some nice tasty Northern Lights terpenes etc... Half the buds in the container are too moist or two dry. Perfect !

I won't dry with Boveda again, it robbed all the smell out of another my cure in one day. I might use Boveda to add moisture, but never to dry. Wet buds seem to work better anyway !
I thought you didn't know what a Bud was?

I thought you didn't know what a Bud was?

I'm about to find out what a bud is, today is harvest day, woo-hoo! The punch breath "buds" here were trimmed by pro's at the dispensary, I guess I know what a bud is when others trim them, not so much when I do !

Next grow, defoliation is key ! I'll be growing the same strain for the third time, this time more buds, less leaves. (if I can figure it out)

Interesting fact, the dry buds I'm playing with were tossed into a jar with moist Northern Lights buds. The RH with the Northern Lights alone was around 67 while curing. After mixing the dry Punch Breath into the Northern Lights jar, the RH dropped to 51%. Crazy ! These little dry buds are sucking up too much moisture !

Hell, I might give up on Boveda altogether and keep dry buds around to adjust RH during cure.

I have done it a few times but not to many because my weed didn't last long enough to worry about.😁

I have a weird rule when it comes to smoking. No smoking before 10:00 PM and one day on one day off (minimum). (If I smoke on Monday, I can't pinch my stash again until Wednesday.) When I smoke anytime I want, my tolerance builds and I don't get a quality high. I smoke a lot more weed and get much less high if that makes sense. So, my weed lasts a LONG time and my highs are always nice and tingly.... I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight Indica toker...

Love to watch Bob Ross Paint (ASMR) and smoke some Indica.... ASMR and weed were made for each other.

I have a weird rule when it comes to smoking. No smoking before 10:00 PM and one day on one day off (minimum). (If I smoke on Monday, I can't pinch my stash again until Wednesday.) When I smoke anytime I want, my tolerance builds and I don't get a quality high. I smoke a lot more weed and get much less high if that makes sense. So, my weed lasts a LONG time and my highs are always nice and tingly.... I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight Indica toker...

Love to watch Bob Ross Paint (ASMR) and smoke some Indica.... ASMR and weed were made for each other.

that sounds like a good rule of thumb for recreational users

but consumption of cannabis for medical users is a different ballgame

using cannabis often and frequently helps me manage my chronic pain , if I get nice and tingly , well , that is just a side effect of cannabis , along with happy , hungry , and sleepy

that sounds like a good rule of thumb for recreational users

but consumption of cannabis for medical users is a different ballgame

using cannabis often and frequently helps me manage my chronic pain , if I get nice and tingly , well , that is just a side effect of cannabis , along with happy , hungry , and sleepy

Good point. Luckily, I have no medical issues yet. Good to know it's helping you with your pain.

I need to adopt some of your policies.
I asked the wife last night if she was high. We had just finished a bowl, and I wasn’t feeling much.
She said she sure was, and then went on to tell me that I wasn’t high because I been smoking too much.
I told her to shut her filthy mouth.

that is an old trick from way back

Dammit!!! I hate it when I think I've discovered something, and it's already been done. I thought I was onto something new. I should still get credit for this idea shouldn't I?

I have done this a lot this grow. I didn’t even know it was a “thing”, but I like the results.

Latest posts

Back